Johann

Default Blue Book Evaluation

Who is running this Blue Book Evaluation???? WE all know the Blue
Book prices are set by dealers. I still remember when I was young and
did not know the vaue of my wintahe Mcintosh tube amplier. I took it
to a local dealer and he gave me the Blue Book Value. $42!!!!!
Later I found the amo was worth about $500 on the open market. I have
found many items in the Blue Book that were valued far less then one
can get on the open market. Prices are based on market value. Some
items become porced treasures by collcecters and will bring much
higher prices then the blue book listings. While I agree there are
times when people put up for sale gear at prices that are far more
then their market value, there are those other times when a persi=on
puts up a piece of gear at a fair price and then gets slamed by the
RAM BLUE BOOK VALUE.
Robert Morein

"Johann" wrote in message
om...
Who is running this Blue Book Evaluation???? WE all know the Blue
Book prices are set by dealers. I still remember when I was young and
did not know the vaue of my wintahe Mcintosh tube amplier. I took it
to a local dealer and he gave me the Blue Book Value. $42!!!!!
Later I found the amo was worth about $500 on the open market. I have
found many items in the Blue Book that were valued far less then one
can get on the open market. Prices are based on market value. Some
items become porced treasures by collcecters and will bring much
higher prices then the blue book listings. While I agree there are
times when people put up for sale gear at prices that are far more
then their market value, there are those other times when a persi=on
puts up a piece of gear at a fair price and then gets slamed by the
RAM BLUE BOOK VALUE.

Johann,
It's this guy:
http://groups.google.com/groups?as_e...lace&lr=&hl=en

Ron

On Sat, 06 Nov 2004 06:04:47 GMT, R wrote:

(Johann) wrote in
. com:

Who is running this Blue Book Evaluation???? WE all know the Blue
Book prices are set by dealers. I still remember when I was young and
did not know the vaue of my wintahe Mcintosh tube amplier. I took it
to a local dealer and he gave me the Blue Book Value. $42!!!!!
Later I found the amo was worth about $500 on the open market. I have
found many items in the Blue Book that were valued far less then one
can get on the open market. Prices are based on market value. Some
items become porced treasures by collcecters and will bring much
higher prices then the blue book listings. While I agree there are
times when people put up for sale gear at prices that are far more
then their market value, there are those other times when a persi=on
puts up a piece of gear at a fair price and then gets slamed by the
RAM BLUE BOOK VALUE.

Truth of the issue is that McCarty is posing as a valid Bluebook valuation
service. He always quotes trade-in values.

Actuially, he ofter quotes prices out of this air, far lower that
*any* price in the blue book.

www.orionbluebook.com is the only valid site with real numbers.

.... and even these prices are for guidance only, highly slanted in
dealers' favour. By the same token, price statistics taken from ebay
transactions tend to be inflated.

In any case, asking for *any* price is not a rip off, by law. This
is a 'buyer beware' economy and it's up to the buyer to decide how
much he or she is willing to pay.

As to Brian, he is the NGs' scourge and clown, rolled into one. No
one takes him seriously and very few even bother to read what he has
to say.

-- Ron

They have a free service that will give you retail figures.

http://www.usedprice.com/retail/choo...sociateid=1403

usedprice.com is their domain as well.

John Richards

They have a free service that will give you retail figures.

http://www.usedprice.com/retail/choo...sociateid=1403

Just for chuckles I looked up Bose 901 speakers. I found this; "Description:
(9)4.5" VOICE COIL DRIVERS, BLACK ASH FINISH". I know what they are trying
to say, but their inaccurate description makes me wonder about their overall
attention to accuracy. I chose not to follow through with the look-up as I
didn't want to give them my email address. I did read the disclaimer which
reminded me of a pitch given to me by a local Honda salesman. He was trying
to convince me that Hondas hold their value by showing me one of their
newspaper ads for used Hondas. I then asked if these were the prices they
actually received and he lost a bit of his bluster.

This experience makes me wonder if soliciting retailers for the selling
prices of used equipment reflects actual prices or what retailers would like
the prices to be.

The bottom line is that regardless of what the "Blue Book" says, the real
monetary value of a particular item at a particular time is the price agreed
to between a willing seller and a willing buyer.

John

Radioman390

the real
monetary value of a particular item at a particular time is the price agreed
to between a willing seller and a willing buyer.

Of course, an unwilling seller and and unwilling buyer works too.

Blue book values IXLR8 Marketplace 15 September 2nd 04 08:54 PM
WTB-2003 ORION Blue Book [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 14th 04 02:06 AM
FS: NAD Silver Series S-200 Amplifier - Below Orion Blue Book Nik Giachino Marketplace 0 September 23rd 03 10:33 PM
ADVENT PRODIGY's below Blue Book! Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 September 5th 03 04:34 AM
TANNOY System 10 Speakers, BARGAIN compared to REAL Blue Book Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 August 22nd 03 12:40 PM