Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Default Let's discuss politics, 2pid

The U.S. health care system is just as wasteful as President Barack
Obama says it is, and proposed reforms could be paid for by fixing
some of the most obvious inefficiencies, preventing mistakes and
fighting fraud, according to a Thomson Reuters report released on
Monday.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480141...th-health_care

The question, coupled with recent surveys showing that a majority of
Americans want health care reform, is why your side is so against it.

The market is clearly not causing the health care industry to clean
itself up.

So, rather than more of you (as Boon calls them) "Chicken Little
ideologically-driven BS", try to address theses questions.

See 2pid? If you can out wait the bloggers the truth eventually makes
its way out. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 26, 2:23*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 26, 12:05*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
The U.S. health care system is just as wasteful as President Barack
Obama says it is, and proposed reforms could be paid for by fixing
some of the most obvious inefficiencies, preventing mistakes and
fighting fraud, according to a Thomson Reuters report released on
Monday.

*Are you sure you want to discuss this? *Some of your friends want to
watch their grass grow and snot away in peace.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33480141...th-health_care

The question, coupled with recent surveys showing that a majority of
Americans want health care reform, is why your side is so against it.

*Typical BS. *Republican want health care reform, they just don't want
government run single payer system to be the result of reform.

Let's look at your problems.

Unnecessary care such as the overuse of antibiotics and lab tests to
protect against malpractice exposure makes up 37 percent of health
care waste or $200 to $300 billion a year.

So which democratic proposal addresses Malpractice exposure which
makes up 37 percent of the waste?
Ooops...those damn trial lawyers are opposed so the dems aren't
addressing that one.

Fraud makes up 22 percent of health care waste, or up to $200 billion
a year in fraudulent Medicare claims, kickbacks for referrals for
unnecessary services and other scams.

Which democratic proposal addresses medicare fraud? *All I see is cuts
to payments which will probably on leave the fraudsters willing to
serve Medicare patients as any honest doctor won't be able to make a
living.

The market is clearly not causing the health care industry to clean
itself up.

So, rather than more of you (as Boon calls them) *"Chicken Little
ideologically-driven BS", try to address theses questions.

LoL. *Irony noted.

One symptom of autism is that the patient makes the same mistakes over
and over despite corrections from others. Are you ever going to
investigate what "irony" really means, Rain Man?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
MiNe 109 MiNe 109 is offline

In article
,
Boon wrote:

Scottie
Malpractice exposure which
makes up 37 percent of the waste?
Ooops...those damn trial lawyers are opposed so the dems aren't
addressing that one.

Fraud makes up 22 percent of health care waste

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Stephen
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

So, rather than more of you (as Boon calls them) *"Chicken Little
ideologically-driven BS", try to address theses questions.

LoL. *Irony noted.

One symptom of autism is that the patient makes the same mistakes over
and over despite corrections from others. Are you ever going to
investigate what "irony" really means, Rain Man?

Irony is when a supposedly housetrained pooch eats its own poop.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

MiNe 109 said:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 26, 6:02*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
MiNe 109 said:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife who will leave him once she
gets tired of him putting around the house and driving her crazy with
right-wing blogs.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 26, 3:24*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

*Not true. *I simply ask which of the democratic proposals address
these problems in the system. * A question you apparently can't
answer.

Ah. So the intense opposition is because the republicans are so
concerned about these that they refuse to address anything else. LoL.

"The report by the Manhattan Institute's Center for Legal Policy said
the direct cost of medical malpractice litigation is roughly $30.4
billion annually."

http://legalnewsline.com/spotlight/2...lth-care-costs

$31 billion isn't as big a deal when you consider $500 billion (on the
low side) to $800 billion (on the high side).

So why are you so worried about it? That seems like a rather narrow
(read: imbecilic) thing to hang your hat on when there are other, far
more massive, problems at hand.

(Don't worry, 2pid. I know you well enough to know you'll try to spin
it into something bigger because that's the way you've been
indictrinated by the right.)
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 26, 6:01*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:

Irony is when a supposedly housetrained pooch eats its own poop.

Has 2pid been doing that...again? LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 26, 5:24*pm, MiNe 109 wrote:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

That may be true, but 2pid tacitly admitted that Obama is right.

That's a victory in itself.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife who will leave him once she
gets tired of him putting around the house and driving her crazy with
right-wing blogs.

I thought she already kicked him out. Didn't Witless tell us just last week
that he no longer resides in Vista? He probably got a small apartment near
the American Legion hall.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Buffoon burbled:

One symptom of autism is that the patient makes the same mistakes over and
over despite corrections from others.

You mean like you actually thinking you're going to chase anybody off rao with
your incendiary bombasticness?

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Buffoon hissed:

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife...

And a former friend, one seething BaBoon, consumed with envy as caustic as
battery acid.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Jenn[_2_] Jenn[_2_] is offline

In article ,
George M. Middius wrote:

Boon said:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife who will leave him once she
gets tired of him putting around the house and driving her crazy with
right-wing blogs.

I thought she already kicked him out. Didn't Witless tell us just last week
that he no longer resides in Vista? He probably got a small apartment near
the American Legion hall.

As it happens, I played in a jazz trio at the Vista AL Hall most
Saturday nights of my junior and senior years in high school. What a
dive. It was probably illegal for us to play there. The AL Hall was
just an excuse for old WWII vets to drink themselves into oblivion.
Nice guys, though. I remember one guy who would request Stella by
Starlight every hour and then forget that we played it. lol That money
paid for my first two years of college.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Jenn said:

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife who will leave him once she
gets tired of him putting around the house and driving her crazy with
right-wing blogs.

I thought she already kicked him out. Didn't Witless tell us just last week
that he no longer resides in Vista? He probably got a small apartment near
the American Legion hall.

As it happens, I played in a jazz trio at the Vista AL Hall most
Saturday nights of my junior and senior years in high school. What a
dive. It was probably illegal for us to play there. The AL Hall was
just an excuse for old WWII vets to drink themselves into oblivion.
Nice guys, though. I remember one guy who would request Stella by
Starlight every hour and then forget that we played it. lol That money
paid for my first two years of college.

As long as Scottie doesn't have your scent, you're probably OK.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Pudge the Gimp minced:

Jenn said:

What a dive. It was probably illegal for us to play there.

As long as Scottie doesn't have your scent, you're probably OK.

Would this be her scent, Boy George? ;-)

http://www.amazon.com/Woman-Lesbian-.../dp/B0007W7L3K

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 26, 9:15*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Boon said:

'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

Scottie has a great insurance plan. That's all that matters.

And a great retirement plan. And a wife who will leave him once she
gets tired of him putting around the house and driving her crazy with
right-wing blogs.

I thought she already kicked him out. Didn't Witless tell us just last week
that he no longer resides in Vista? He probably got a small apartment near
the American Legion hall.

Now now...he had to get that place so that he could surf right wing
blogs without all that interference from the missus. It doesn't
necessarily mean that she doesn't love him. The Mercedes fixed that.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 27, 10:53*am, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:41*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:

On Oct 26, 3:24*pm, MiNe 109 * wrote:
'Malpractice exposure' and fraud make up 59% of "health care waste" and
Scott wants to perpetuate the system.

*Not true. *I simply ask which of the democratic proposals address
these problems in the system. * A question you apparently can't
answer.

Ah. So the intense opposition is because the republicans are so
concerned about these that they refuse to address anything else. LoL.

*First you referenced an article which says,
* "Fraud makes up 22 percent of health care waste, or up to $200
billion a year in fraudulent Medicare claims, kickbacks for referrals
for unnecessary services and other scams."

Yup.

* Now you pull this data.

http://legalnewsline.com/spotlight/2...actice-litigat...

$31 billion isn't as big a deal when you consider $500 billion (on the
low side) to $800 billion (on the high side).

Yup.

*I think you need to make up your mind.

"Fraud" is not the same as "malpractice litigation", 2pid. It never
has been and it never will be.

I think you need a new dictionary (this assumes that you even have
one, which is contrary to the evidence). LoL.

Duh. Are you sure you want to discuss this? LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

It's ironic that he doesn't know the difference between fraud and
malpractice litigation. Oh wait, it isn't irony at all. Again.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 27, 7:07*pm, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 27, 12:44*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

I plucked the wrong paragraph and the situation is far worse.

"Unnecessary care such as the overuse of antibiotics and lab tests to
protect against malpractice exposure makes up 37 percent of health
care waste or $200 to $300 billion a year."

Want to try again explaining why the indirect effects of litigation
aren't worth considering?

"Unnecessary care".

Aren't you against the "gov't" telling doctors what care is necessary?
Maybe this is all necessary care, 2pid. Or does your being against the
"gov't" telling doctors what care to provide only apply when somebody
wastes $300 billion to protect against $30 billion in actual
malpractice litigation? Insurance is cheaper than that.

And doctors are admitting that they order frivolous lab tests and
order frivolous prescriptions? What this actually does is increases
the amount spent under the "fraud" category.

And speaking of which, do you only want to limit the rights of
patients to file suit, or are you in favor of the "gov't" telling
doctors they cannot be wasteful? Or are you of the (imbecilic) opinion
that eliminating legal recourse for patients is enough, and that after
that the market will take care of itself?

Are you sure you want to discuss this, dum-dum?
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 26, 2:23*pm, ScottW wrote:

*Typical BS. *Republican want health care reform, they just don't want
government run single payer system to be the result of reform.

Forty-eight percent say they favor a public health plan administered
by the federal government that would compete with private insurers,
compared with 42 percent who oppose it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33495798...cs-white_house

So your beloved republicans are against the "will of the people".
Either that or you confess that you and they argue by strawman since
there is no single-payer plan on the table anywhere.

Why am I not surprised? Both positions are imbecilic. LoL.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Forty-eight percent say they favor a public health plan administered
by the federal government that would compete with private insurers,
compared with 42 percent who oppose it.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/33495798...cs-white_house

So your beloved republicans are against the "will of the people".
Either that or you confess that you and they argue by strawman since
there is no single-payer plan on the table anywhere.

Third possibility: The ****uplicans believe the "will of the people" is
conveyed to them by insurance industry lobbyists.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 28, 11:15*am, ScottW wrote:
On Oct 27, 5:22*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"

wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

Actually, I'm more opposed to the gov't dictating what care is
unnecessary.
The gov't will likely be as incompetent as the courts.

Maybe this is all necessary care, 2pid. Or does your being against the
"gov't" telling doctors what care to provide only apply when somebody
wastes $300 billion to protect against $30 billion in actual
malpractice litigation? Insurance is cheaper than that.

*Different pockets is apparently confusing you.

And doctors are admitting that they order frivolous lab tests and
order frivolous prescriptions?

* Does the grey zone of medicine get lost in your black and white
world?

What this actually does is increases
the amount spent under the "fraud" category.

*Wrong. Service was provided.
*If you get a colonoscopy and they find no polyps or cancer,
was that service a fraud to you?

And speaking of which, do you only want to limit the rights of
patients to file suit, or are you in favor of the "gov't" telling
doctors they cannot be wasteful?

*Neither.

Or are you of the (imbecilic) opinion
that eliminating legal recourse for patients is enough, and that after
that the market will take care of itself?

Are you sure you want to discuss this, dum-dum?

*Not with you. *All you want to do is ****.

Funny how every time you lose an argument, you call our winning
argument "****." You must really be allergic to the truth.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Boon said:

Are you sure you want to discuss this, dum-dum?

*Not with you. *All you want to do is ****.

Funny how every time you lose an argument, you call our winning
argument "****." You must really be allergic to the truth.

Unlike you, Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he just
engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
GeoSynch GeoSynch is offline

Pudge the Gimp minced:

Unlike you [BaBoon], Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he
just engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Does this mean Jilly's or Boonie's severed head(s) will provide for you a
sanguine awakening? ;-)

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 28, 2:34*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Boon said:

Are you sure you want to discuss this, dum-dum?

*Not with you. *All you want to do is ****.

Funny how every time you lose an argument, you call our winning
argument "****." You must really be allergic to the truth.

Unlike you, Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he just
engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Now everything is clear.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

wrote:
On Oct 26, 5:46*pm, ScottW wrote:

[...]

So then you see this money as not wasteful. Why did you bring it up?

Maybe this is all necessary care, 2pid. Or does your being against the
"gov't" telling doctors what care to provide only apply when somebody
wastes $300 billion to protect against $30 billion in actual
malpractice litigation? Insurance is cheaper than that.

*Different pockets is apparently confusing you.

What I see is doctors claiming to spend $300 billion annually to avoid
"malpractice litigation" when the cost of said litigation is a mere
$50 billion annually.

And doctors are admitting that they order frivolous lab tests and
order frivolous prescriptions?

* Does the grey zone of medicine get lost in your black and white
world?

It's not "grey", 2pid. The tests are either indicated or they are not.

What this actually does is increases
the amount spent under the "fraud" category.

*Wrong. Service was provided.

Wrong. If the test is administered for any other reason than medical
necessity it is irrelevant if the service was provided.

You're daying that a mechanic who replaces your alternator when it
doesn't need to be isn't ripping you off because he performed a
service. What a dumb thing to claim. LoL.

*If you get a colonoscopy and they find no polyps or cancer,
was that service a fraud to you?

Was the colonoscopy indicated, or was it to "avoid malpractice
litigation"? If it was indicated, it is medical necessity. If it
wasn't, it's defrauding the insurance company.

So if a doctor prescribes an expensive drug that cures a disease the
patient has no symptoms of, is he free and clear because the patient
got a prescription for his money?

And here you bleat about "ethics", "honesty" and other 'values'. LoL.

And speaking of which, do you only want to limit the rights of
patients to file suit, or are you in favor of the "gov't" telling
doctors they cannot be wasteful?

*Neither.

Do tell. You whine about this "huge" problem that amounts to small
percentage of the overall issue. Now you don't want to fix it. LoL.

Or are you of the (imbecilic) opinion
that eliminating legal recourse for patients is enough, and that after
that the market will take care of itself?

Silent assent noted.

Are you sure you want to discuss this, dum-dum?

*Not with you. *All you want to do is ****.

So that's "good questions" amounts to for an imbecile. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 28, 2:48*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:
Pudge the Gimp minced:

Unlike you [BaBoon], Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he
just engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Does this mean Jilly's or Boonie's severed head(s) will provide for you a
sanguine awakening? ;-)

What did you have in mind, Sugar? LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

Unlike you, Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he
just engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Does this mean [my beloved Artillery Man's] or [my fave dominator Marc's] severed head(s)
will provide for you a sanguine awakening? ;-)

What did you have in mind, Sugar? LoL.

Stynchblob is probably just cranky because a new law threatens his "freedom
of expression":

Obama signs expanded hate crimes bill
President Obama on Wednesday signed a law that makes it
a federal crime to assault an individual because of his or her
sexual orientation or gender identity.
http://www.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/10/28/hate.crimes/index.html

The religious zealots are getting more and more marginalized. Pretty soon,
the only club that will let StynchBlob join won't be worth belonging to.

Posted to rec.audio.opinion

On Oct 28, 1:02*pm, George M. Middius
wrote:
Shhhh! said:

So your beloved republicans are against the "will of the people".
Either that or you confess that you and they argue by strawman since
there is no single-payer plan on the table anywhere.

Third possibility: The ****uplicans believe the "will of the people" is
conveyed to them by insurance industry lobbyists.

Oh, the "excluded middle" argument. LoL.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Shhhh! said:

So your beloved republicans are against the "will of the people".
Either that or you confess that you and they argue by strawman since
there is no single-payer plan on the table anywhere.

Third possibility: The ****uplicans believe the "will of the people" is
conveyed to them by insurance industry lobbyists.

Oh, the "excluded middle" argument. LoL.

It appeals to those who call themselves "faithful".

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

On Oct 28, 5:05*pm, "Shhhh! I'm Listening to Reason!"
wrote:
On Oct 28, 2:48*pm, "GeoSynch" wrote:

Pudge the Gimp minced:

Unlike you [BaBoon], Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact, he
just engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Does this mean Jilly's or Boonie's severed head(s) will provide for you a
sanguine awakening? ;-)

What did you have in mind, Sugar? LoL.

Who knows he means? It's just another awkward, clunky and needlessly
verbose sentence.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion

Marc Phillips, "alledged" professional writer, wrote:

Unlike you [BaBoon], Scottie knows the "debating trade" is war. In fact,
he just engaged a new consigliere who hails from Michigan.

Does this mean Jilly's or Boonie's severed head(s) will provide for you a
sanguine awakening? ;-)

What did you have in mind, Sugar? LoL.

Boy George as Don Cornholio favorite scene in The Godfather.

Who knows [sic] he means?

Where did you learn how to write? :-)

It's just another awkward, clunky and needlessly verbose sentence.

Your sentence reeks of sour grapes.