Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

Default 2SA1065/2SD2489 substitutes

I'm working on a Technics audio amp from the late 70's with blown outputs.
I've found one source (in Europe) for these transistors, but they're asking
$20 each for them and I am concerned about counterfeits.

They are 150V 10A 120W, with an f(T) of 50MHz... they are faster than
anything I can find out there.

1. Is it important that I replace them with units with comparable
current-bandwidth product?
2. Can anyone recommend a substitute? I was thinking maybe MJ21195/96, but
they're only 4MHz.
3. Can anyone recommend a source for NOS Jap transistors that sells these?

Thanks
Dave

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Dave Dave is offline

"Dave" wrote in message
I've found one source (in Europe) for these transistors, but they're
asking $20 each for them and I am concerned about counterfeits.

Make that 20 Euro, so $32/ea.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
DaveM DaveM is offline

"Dave" wrote in message news:25sfk.370$Ou3.88@edtnps82...

"Dave" wrote in message
I've found one source (in Europe) for these transistors, but they're asking
$20 each for them and I am concerned about counterfeits.

Make that 20 Euro, so $32/ea.

Consolidated Electronics Inc. is a US company, but they list stock for both
devices.
http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=2SA1065 ($4.00 US) and
http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=2SD2489 ($11.95 US).
Can't vouch for authenticity... but I've used CEI for several years and have had
no problems with counterfeits.

Contact info:
Toll Free: 1-800-543-3568

Consolidated Electronics
P.O. Box 20070
Dayton, Ohio 45420
USA

--
Dave M
MasonDG44 at comcast dot net (Just substitute the appropriate characters in the

Experience: What you get when you don't get what you want

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Curtis Brown Curtis Brown is offline

3. Can anyone recommend a source for NOS Jap transistors that sells
these?

Why don't you try rephrasing that question you racist cock-suck.

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
legg legg is offline

"Dave" wrote in message
I've found one source (in Europe) for these transistors, but they're asking
$20 each for them and I am concerned about counterfeits.

Make that 20 Euro, so $32/ea.

Consolidated Electronics Inc. is a US company, but they list stock for both
devices.
http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=2SA1065 ($4.00 US) and
http://www.ceitron.com/semi/semi.phtml?part=2SD2489 ($11.95 US).
Can't vouch for authenticity... but I've used CEI for several years and have had
no problems with counterfeits.

Contact info:
Toll Free: 1-800-543-3568

Consolidated Electronics
P.O. Box 20070
Dayton, Ohio 45420
USA

There are very few sources for bipolar transistors being manufactured
using 'mesa' or 'hometaxial' chip structures. Planar parts are often
labelled and marketed with the older numbers without meeting their isb
capability. Valid PNP parts may be rare as hen's teeth, as they had
few industrial applications, where ruggedness was appreciated ($).

Mind you, mesa parts also weren't noted for high ft. This was
considered as an advantage in audio, as the components in the final
stage had predetermined limits. If you see 47-150pF tacked collector
to base on the final stage, they were throwing the parts' ft statistic
away, in any event.

- it was virtually impossible to get PNP and NPN parts with similar
current and voltage ratings to exhibit similar frequency or capacitive
characteristics. (typical factor 2:1 in favour of NPN for speed). This
is one reason why ft was a 'typical' (untested) characteristic with
these audio parts, rather than a (tested) minimum.
When local compensation was used, it was likely unequal, to take this
into account.

RL

Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

In article ,
Curtis Brown wrote:
3. Can anyone recommend a source for NOS Jap transistors that sells
these?

Why don't you try rephrasing that question you racist cock-suck.

Is it racist to refer to me as a Scot since I'm from Scotland? Call me
Dave when I was christened David? Call someone Tex?

--
*It is wrong to ever split an infinitive *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Curtis Brown wrote:
3. Can anyone recommend a source for NOS Jap transistors that sells
these?

Why don't you try rephrasing that question you racist cock-suck.

Is it racist to refer to me as a Scot since I'm from Scotland? Call me
Dave when I was christened David? Call someone Tex?

Don't feed the troll.

--
http://improve-usenet.org/index.html

Sporadic E is the Earth's aluminum foil beanie for the 'global warming'
sheep.
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
Curtis Brown Curtis Brown is offline

Michael A. Terrell" wrote in message

troll.

WHY DON'T YOU SUCK MY ****ING DICK, BITCH?
Posted to sci.electronics.components,sci.electronics.repair,rec.audio.tech
mark krawczuk[_2_] mark krawczuk[_2_] is offline

well, why dont you get ya faggot mates to do that ?