Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Watt? Me worry? Watt? Me worry? is offline

Default It came up, on a mind not clear ...

Hi RATs!

Ho ho ho! 'Tis the season to be jolly... or, sigh, and remember riding
with Gramma from Columbia Heights to downtown Minneapolis on a fine
old electric trolley. She knew where great bakeries were - at both
ends Minneapolis is one of those big farm towns that has too much
money and not much sense. In 1950, all of the lakes in that city were
beautiful and their public transportation did not stink. The future
has dutifully repaired all that nonsense. Now there are huge freeways,
everywhere, but, they had to tear down all the restaurants and
theaters to build them, so, people just drive endlessly in the snow.
Once in a while an interstate freeway bridge falls into the
Mississippi, but, mostly, they just drive and drive and drive. SSRI's
have taken most of the drama out of traffic. Mine, anyway.

I am listening to a free MP3 sample of Beethoven Symp #4, "Fist " 1st
Movement, Adagio, Allegro Vivace, from Pristine Audio. This is from
the recent release of Scherchen with the Royal Philharmonic Orch. and
Vienna State Opera Orch. in 1954, in studios. "Well I been
searchin'..."

Samples come in every Friday's email. These are fine old recordings
given the latest and greatest dusting and cleaning. I have saved them
faithfully, for years, but didn't start listening to them until this
week, when I hooked up this new monitor. The acoustic image floats
gently in its own space in cool, clear air. This screen image in front
of my eyes is obviously an illusion The unconsious audiophile

I never even looked at its "audio" spex, it is a 21.5" HDMI monitor
for US$149.99 delivered... in my dotage, I play "Aion" for hours and
hours. It is prettier and sillier than MATRIX:Online, but that went
offline, sigh. I Googled for a new MMORPG and saw this coming. And
here I am, in this brave new future, with a multi-gigabyte client
battling uncouth beasties and maladjusted vegetation at every movement
of my optical mouse.

Occasionally, I come here to litter this literary lane. These
newsgroups are terrific: all the wit of men's room walls and none of
the stench

Happy Holidays!

Happy New Ears!

Al

PS 'Twas the night beore Christmas, and everyone was feeling Merry.
She went home, so, they jumped for Joy.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Andre Jute[_2_] Andre Jute[_2_] is offline

On Dec 20, 9:07*am, "Watt? Me worry?" wrote:
[...]

Now who'll cheer when his nurse jabs Al extra pointedly with the
needle?

Andre Jute
These newsgroups are terrific: all the wit of men's room walls and
none of the stench -- Al Marcy
Posted to rec.audio.tubes
Bret L Bret L is offline

If you were an audiophile in the Golden Days those electric trolleys
were a bane. Even more if you were a ham or SWL. The arcing crapped
things up for miles, in some cases you could hear noise bursts in
southern Indiana from the system in Wisconsin. You had high current
arcs and LONG wires for antennas and the nodes determined where the
noise went and concentrated at what frequency. The crap got into the
AC system all over the metro area. And worst of all-the inner city
tall apartments afflicted with DC or 25 Hz power, either of which was
a thorn in the ass to electronics buffs of all types, were so because
of proximity to trolley, trolleybus, or electric train systems.

The biggest offender of all was the Pennsylvania RR with its
legendary GG-1 electric locomotives with 25 Hz catenary power. But
they mostly ran where the interference was intermittent for any one
listener. The trolleys stayed in town and buzzed away all the time.

Posted to rec.audio.tubes

On Dec 20, 4:46*pm, Andre Jute wrote:
[...]

none of the stench -- Al Marcy- Hide quoted text -

Well, Al will Oh, nursies!

Al

One of the way how to relax your mind... faiz Pro Audio 0 September 4th 08 02:42 PM
Mixing With Your Mind Andrew Pro Audio 5 July 1st 04 03:21 AM
Mixing With Your Mind Andrew Pro Audio 0 June 25th 04 03:29 AM
Mixing With Whose Mind? Ryan Pro Audio 0 April 3rd 04 06:38 AM