Posted to rec.audio.pro
Rick Ruskin Rick Ruskin is offline

Default Sound Card Conflicts

I recently purchased a used Frontier Designs Dakota card for digitally
shuttling audio between my computer and HD24 recorder. I also have a
Tascam PCI 822 card, a Frontier product made for Tascam, for doing the
same between computer and TDIF devices. Unfortunately, the cpu won't
let me install both at the same time. It crashes whenever I try to
install the 2nd device. Order doesn't matter. At some point in the
2nd install, it crashes big-time - blue screen of death and all that.
I'm running WinXP.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem?

Rick Ruskin
Lion Dog Music - Seattle WA
http://liondogmusic.com
http://www.myspace.com/rickruskin
Posted to rec.audio.pro
genericaudioperson genericaudioperson is offline

I'm not sure if you tried the obvious, but sometimes switching cards
around into the different PCI slots can make the difference.

It there is something from M-audio that has the digital I/O you need,
consider that. They make good drivers. Better than the products
themselves, IMHO.