Posted to rec.audio.tech
Richard S Richard S is offline

Default Receivers and HDMI inputs

I was trying to find a home theater receiver with 4 or 5 HDMI inputs
but costs less than $1000. It seems like all the manufacturers are
being cheap about it, that is, all the lower-cost receivers only have
two inputs. I need a receiver with full HDMI 1.3 support and 1080p
upscaling of the analog inputs.

Basically I'm asking if there are any lower-cost receivers that people
really like. Right now I'm leaning toward the Yamaha RX-V863 (a sub
$1000 system with 3 HDMI inputs) but I wanted to hear other people's
opinions.

Thanks.
Posted to rec.audio.tech

On Mon, 11 Aug 2008 09:31:54 -0700 (PDT), Richard S
wrote:

Basically I'm asking if there are any lower-cost receivers that people
really like. Right now I'm leaning toward the Yamaha RX-V863 (a sub
$1000 system with 3 HDMI inputs) but I wanted to hear other people's
opinions.

I use that Yamaha on some of my day gigs and can recommend it.

Some caveats: HD radio integration will seem primitive to you
until *you* adapt to *its* ergo - typical Yamaha, if that's
any point of reference. It'll make sense if you're a radio guy;
otherwise not.

Positives: Integration with a universal remote seems pretty well
thought out and modern. Some of the navigation seems to point
towards (the looming and inevitable) Windows Media Player We Will
Rule Ze Vorld model. Might as well just smile and think of England...
Could be a lot worse. Usually is.

Really Important Positives: no HDMI hiccups. None. Actual service
and parts support FROM YAMAHA! Are you listening Denon? (Who's
otherwise great but in this respect, doody; but has been for decades,
so WTH).

All good fortune,
Chris Hornbeck

HDMI to Analog Wayne[_5_] Pro Audio 2 February 10th 08 01:13 PM
Is 5 ch analog out better than HDMI? [email protected] Tech 15 December 25th 07 11:19 PM
SKY HD and HDMI - DVI Darren Griffin - PocketGPSWorld.Com Car Audio 0 December 25th 07 08:39 PM
why recver hdmi? trs80 General 2 September 21st 06 06:36 AM
HDMI Upconversion Skip And Kathy Phillips Tech 2 August 10th 06 11:33 PM