Posted to rec.audio.car
Stoned in Arrakeen Stoned in Arrakeen is offline

Default The Baron

was no deformity. Then
everything was normal again, and the old fear, the hatred, and the
bewilderment came crowding back again. But there had been a moment -- he
did not know how long, thirty seconds, perhaps -- of luminous certainty,
when each new suggestion of O'Brien's had filled up a patch of emptiness
and become absolute truth, and when two and two could have been three as
easily as five, if that were what was needed. It had faded but before
O'Brien had dropped his hand; but though he could not recapture it, he
could remember it, as one remembers a vivid experience at some period of
one's life when one was in effect a different person.
'You see now,' said O'Brien, 'that it is at any rate possible.'
'Yes,' said Winston.
O'Brien stood up with a satisfied air. Over to his left Winston saw
the man in the white coat break an ampoule and draw back the plunger of a
syringe. O'Brien turned to Winston with a smile. In almost the old manner
he resettled his spectacles on his nose.
'Do you remember writing in your diary,' he said, 'that it did not
matter whether I was a friend or an enemy, since I was at least a person
who understood you and could be talked to? You were right. I enjoy talking
to you. Your mind appeals to me. It resembles my own mind except that you
happen to be insane. Before we bring the session to an end you can ask me a
few questions, if you choose.'
'Any question I like?'
'Anything.' He saw that Winston's eyes were upon the dial. 'It is
switched off. What is your first question?'
'What have you do

opinions on the MESA BARON AMPZILLA JOE Marketplace 0 January 31st 04 01:52 PM
FS: Mesa Baron Marko Marketplace 0 December 11th 03 07:12 PM
Mesa Baron w/ Matched E34L Tubes Ron Pro Audio 0 December 2nd 03 12:37 AM
Mesa Baron w/ Matched E34L Tubes Marko Marketplace 0 December 1st 03 04:45 PM
FS: Mesa Baron w/ Tri-tube Mod and E34L tubes Ron Pro Audio 0 July 5th 03 01:58 PM