Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

Default CD Audio Failed To Please?

Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again.
From an import 20 bit Super Bitmapped CD. As typical with many CDs, you'll find one "loud" track and the others are far from loud. I believe I gave this a dynamic boost before further processing. I did trim some "peaks" (altering RMS), because it was my desire to highlight the fine acoustic guitar(?) (in the Right Stereo channel). This is a very nice recording, better than I remember it sounding, may be due to its usage in a Movie Film!..
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...rfallagain.mp3

Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad.
Felt it sounded "thin" on two renditions of Sony CDs (Bat Out Of Hell album),
so I altered it by what I felt sounded better, not by some highly paid "engineer" whose goal is to make Sony richer, I focused more on the lower frequencies!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...of3aintbad.mp3

Jack
Posted to rec.audio.pro
JackA JackA is offline

On Tuesday, April 26, 2016 at 2:46:49 PM UTC-4, JackA wrote:
Dionne Warwick - I'll Never Fall In Love Again.
From an import 20 bit Super Bitmapped CD. As typical with many CDs, you'll find one "loud" track and the others are far from loud. I believe I gave this a dynamic boost before further processing. I did trim some "peaks" (altering RMS), because it was my desire to highlight the fine acoustic guitar(?) (in the Right Stereo channel). This is a very nice recording, better than I remember it sounding, may be due to its usage in a Movie Film!..
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...rfallagain.mp3

Meat Loaf - Two Out Of Three Ain't Bad.
Felt it sounded "thin" on two renditions of Sony CDs (Bat Out Of Hell album),
so I altered it by what I felt sounded better, not by some highly paid "engineer" whose goal is to make Sony richer, I focused more on the lower frequencies!...
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...of3aintbad.mp3

Jack

Another (1969) audio enhancement from a past Varese Sarabande CD....
http://www.angelfire.com/empire/abps...dliketosay.mp3

Give it a nice and fresh sound.

Jack