Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] i.ben.no@gmail.com is offline

Default How should you mic a musical saw?

As a musical saw player I have played in different settings, both acoustic, like in a Symphony Orchestra, and amplified, as in rock bands, and I always prefer to use a good condenser mic on a small (boom) stand placed so the mic is pointing more or less straight up about 8in to the left of and level to my left knee, the stand placed behind me so it doesn't interfere with my bow work. I also ask the sound man to carefully take down the 3-6kHz area to minimise bow noise. Hope this helps.