Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat

Default Pulled over for tinted windows

Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong group for this topic.

I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer to
sign off or whatever.

So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):

1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again.

2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can
keep in the car and show to an officer.

Pat
Posted to rec.audio.car
Cyrus

In article , Pat
wrote:

Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong group for this topic.

I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer to
sign off or whatever.

So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):

1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again.

No, but you can always put it back on. You take the vehicle there, they
verify there's no more tint.

2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can
keep in the car and show to an officer.

Pat

In that case I myself have been told to get lenses for over my eyes, not
on my vehicle's windows.

I too have my front windows tinted and have yet to be bothered in my
small community of whom usually gets bothered by the local fuzz about
these sort of things. Hoping not to be jinxed...

--
Cyrus

*coughcasaucedoprodigynetcough*

Posted to rec.audio.car
jlaine

Seems to be par for the course - a buddy of mine just got a fix it
ticket here a week ago too...

--
jlaine
Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

If you have your rear window tinted in Cali, make sure that you have a
right-side mirror or that could cost you another ticket.
Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

hmm, wonder if there's some nation-wide crack-down going on or
something. but probably just a coincidence.

--
KU40

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

Pat wrote:
Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong group for this topic.

I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer to
sign off or whatever.

So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):

It's funny... an all-imports-oriented board here in Vancity has a forum
specifically for police issues, and is frequented be several current and
one retired cop. This very question comes up now and then as well...
(go to www.revscene.net and do a search for "illegal tint" in the Police
Forum, if you want the details).

While the specific laws will differ in CA, I can make a fair guess that
the outcome will work pretty much the same:

1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again.

Sure you can do that. And you'll probably get pulled over again, and
ticketed again... and if you keep up the cycle, they'll probably start
watching for your car specifically.

Here in BC, a "fix-it ticket" is only the start of what they can do; a
VI (vehicle inspection) ticket can be issued, forcing the car to pass a
government inspection or be removed from the road (or more specifically,
it usually must be removed from the road UNTIL it passes inspection),
and in this case, it wouldn't pass as long as the tint isn't legal.
Being pulled over in a vehicle that's under a VI can result in HUGE
fines, the vehicle being impounded, and long-term driving suspension.

Again, that's the law in BC. Don't expect Cali to be much different.
Are you SURE it's worth all that just to look "cool"?

2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can
keep in the car and show to an officer.

That one's been brought up on the board above as well. Doesn't
generally wash. Wear sunglasses. A condition that makes your entire
skin sensitive to light MIGHT play, but I wouldn't bet on it.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-0, 05/15/2006
Tested on: 5/16/2006 10:07:49 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

Captain Howdy wrote:
If you have your rear window tinted in Cali, make sure that you have a
right-side mirror or that could cost you another ticket.

BC is the same... any significant rear tinting (back window and side
windows behind the driver) and you must have a passenger-side mirror.
Front tinting is absolutely verboten outside that small band across the
top. Factory-smoked glass is as far as you're allowed.

The reasons probably vary with the jurisdiction... I've never been able
to find out WHY they care here in BC. My aunt that used to work for the
Oregon DMV told me once they used to allow fully-tinted front windows...
until a cop pulled over a driver and was shot with a gun that was hiding
behind a dark-tinted front window. Oregon banned front tint as well
after that.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-0, 05/15/2006
Tested on: 5/16/2006 10:17:09 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
Tony F

"I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer to
sign off or whatever."

Or whatever? I take it you weren't paying attention?

"So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):"

No...what's total bull**** is that with your attitude, the cop should have
just skipped the
"fix-it" and given you a bonafide ticket. I'm sure he was taking your
cooperative attitude into account when he decided not to give you a plain
ticket and in essence, gave you a warning. Had he known your true
intentions now that you're in the comfort of your home in front of your
keyboard, I'm fairly certain the outcome would have been different.

"1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again."

Yes, you could probably do this. Maybe you should have listened to him when
he pulled you over, or asked him yourself, rather than try to rely on a
bunch of strangers over the Internet to give you "legal" advice...which is
not always accurate, mind you.

"2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can keep
in the car and show to an officer."

Don't believe everything you read.

Good luck, Pat!! I hope you get pulled over again!!

Tony

--
2001 Nissan Maxima SE Anniversary Edition
Clarion DRZ9255 Head Unit, Phoenix Gold ZX475ti, ZX450 and Xenon X1200.1

2001 Chevy S10 ZR2
Pioneer DEH-P9600MP Head Unit, Phoenix Gold Ti500.4 Amp, Focal 165HC
Speakers & Image Dynamics ID8 D4 v.3 Sub

2006 Mustang GT Coupe

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

ok kids the main reason i think they want no tinted windows is so they
can see inside your car ez...like checking for seat belts....
did he test your tint?
to see if it was illegal?
also at night they cant see inside your car.
dont make a big thing out of this geez...
keep it n you might get 4 or more tickets..so fix it now unless 12
tickets dont bother you.

Posted to rec.audio.car
iluvsaabturbos

Wow, somebody got their feathers ruffled! Take it easy buddy, I myself
am very polite to officers the few times I see them. When I get home
its another story. Its that way with lots of people. And you should
never hope bad things happening to other people. I honestly don't see
an attitude at all.

Saab man Dan

--
iluvsaabturbos

Posted to rec.audio.car
JordanBrown

I was pulled over in my Camaro with 20% on the sides after 3 months...

BMW I now own has had 5% on the sides for over 2 years now with no
trouble.. It is a hit or miss really.

--
JordanBrown
Posted to rec.audio.car
metal_flowboard

cant you have it checked 1st though,

i know oevr here in the UK they didnt care, but then i heard on the new
a couple of years ago, that police over here would be allowed to pull
over cars and test how much light could get through the tint the see if
it was acceptable

we just saw it as another way for the police to be nosy and have a look
in your car to check your nothing dodgey, but the test equipment is out
there, so looking into getting it checked out might be a good place to
start

and do they really worry about rear windscreen tint? its would only be
like driving a van with its sheet metal panel replacements for windows

Posted to rec.audio.car
KU40

bob wald Wrote:
ok kids the main reason i think they want no tinted windows is so they
can see inside your car ez.

Thank you captain obvious.

bob wald Wrote:

did he test your tint?
to see if it was illegal?

obviously he would have to or else he couldn't give a ticket.

--
KU40
Posted to rec.audio.car
Chad Wahls

"Matt Ion" wrote in message
newslyag.169804$P01.151814@pd7tw3no...
Captain Howdy wrote:
If you have your rear window tinted in Cali, make sure that you have a
right-side mirror or that could cost you another ticket.

BC is the same... any significant rear tinting (back window and side
windows behind the driver) and you must have a passenger-side mirror.
Front tinting is absolutely verboten outside that small band across the
top. Factory-smoked glass is as far as you're allowed.

The reasons probably vary with the jurisdiction... I've never been able to
find out WHY they care here in BC. My aunt that used to work for the
Oregon DMV told me once they used to allow fully-tinted front windows...
until a cop pulled over a driver and was shot with a gun that was hiding
behind a dark-tinted front window. Oregon banned front tint as well after
that.

Well that's when the cop has the right to say over the loud speaker " Put
your windows down and hands out or I will shoot your ass." Which should be
done tinted or not, I would have no problems with this if I could tint my
windows in the front......

Chad

Posted to rec.audio.car
Branden Nelsen

Myself and my brother both got pulled over about a month ago here in IA also
for this. They do seem to be trying to crack down on it.

2) Yes! You can get a note from your eye doctor for this. I actually got one
a few days ago, I paid the first ticket I got but from now on I have a
"Doctors note" All I had to do was go down to the DOT and get a form for
the doctor to fill out, no hassles at all.

-Branden

"Pat" wrote in message
Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong group for this topic.

I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer
sign off or whatever.

So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):

1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again.

2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can
keep in the car and show to an officer.

Pat

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

metal_flowboard wrote:
cant you have it checked 1st though,

i know oevr here in the UK they didnt care, but then i heard on the new
a couple of years ago, that police over here would be allowed to pull
over cars and test how much light could get through the tint the see if
it was acceptable

we just saw it as another way for the police to be nosy and have a look
in your car to check your nothing dodgey, but the test equipment is out
there, so looking into getting it checked out might be a good place to
start

and do they really worry about rear windscreen tint? its would only be
like driving a van with its sheet metal panel replacements for windows

Visibility FOR THE DRIVER is the main concern, I would think.

In BC, if you're going to have darkened rear windows, you also have to
have a passenger-side mirror, as your visibility out the back and in a
shoulder-check will be reduced (most cars do come with both
side-mirrors, but a few don't).

You're also not allowed to tint any of your lighting here - with marker
and brake lights, because it will reduce their visibility for other
drivers; with the headlights, because it will reduce their effectivenes
for night driving. Dark front windows may look cool in the daytime, but
at night they'll definitely hamper your driving - try driving at night
with sunglasses on. Difference is, you can easily take sunglasses off
when it gets dark.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-1, 05/17/2006
Tested on: 5/17/2006 9:59:52 AM

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

KU40 wrote:

did he test your tint?
to see if it was illegal?

obviously he would have to or else he couldn't give a ticket.

Not necessarily. Again, here in BC, *any* front tint is illegal - the
darkness of it doesn't matter. Cali may be the same, in which case
measuring it isn't necessary.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-1, 05/17/2006
Tested on: 5/17/2006 10:01:03 AM

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat

No...what's total bull**** is that with your attitude, the cop should
have just skipped the
"fix-it" and given you a bonafide ticket. I'm sure he was taking your
cooperative attitude into account when he decided not to give you a
plain ticket and in essence, gave you a warning. Had he known your
true intentions now that you're in the comfort of your home in front
of your keyboard, I'm fairly certain the outcome would have been
different.

Yes, you could probably do this. Maybe you should have listened to
him when he pulled you over, or asked him yourself, rather than try to
rely on a bunch of strangers over the Internet to give you "legal"
advice...which is not always accurate, mind you.

Good luck, Pat!! I hope you get pulled over again!!

Tony

Wow, Tony! I sincerely appologize for offending you. It's great to see
good citezens like yourself sticking up for the letter of the law,
regardless of how BULL**** the law itself is. The law against tinted
windows is absolutely BULL****. I'm sorry that you don't feel that way,
but that doesn't change the fact that it is, in fact, BULL****.

Since (judging by your vigorous, blind, ignorant defense of this
BULL**** law) you apparently have some family members in the law
enforcement business, maybe you can explain for all of us why this law
isn't BULL****.

For starters, you could explain why it's illegal to have tinted front
windows, but not tinted rear windows. If the police are really worried
about someone hiding a gun, why couldn't the passenger in the back seat
have one?

Second, maybe you could explain how vans with NO windows in the back are
legal. Couldn't someone hide an army of guys with machine guns back
there, just waiting to jump out and open fire? And don't tell me that
these vans are in fact illegal, because I see them on the streets here
every day.

The fact that something becomes a law does not imply that it isn't
BULL****. The only people who assume otherwise are either A) police
officers, B) closely related to police officers, or C) ignorant. Sure,
the majority of laws are there for good reason. Some are not. Sorry if
that causes you discomfort.

And furthermore, you're making a lot of incorrect assumptions here, in
your blind rage to defend this BULL**** law. You have no indication
that I wasn't cooperative with the police officer. I was completely
cooperative and even friendly. He was a nice guy. But that is
completely unconnected to the fact that this law is, in fact, BULL****.

Another incorrect assumption that you're making is that I am avoiding
having the tint removed because I just want to defy the law. Yeah, I'm
a real trouble maker! Sometimes I even drive a couple of miles over the
speed limit! GASP! I haven't had a traffic violation in ten years.

In reality (which I'm guessing you don't really care about), my
girlfriend had the windows on my car tinted as a birthday present for
me. More importantly, I'm planning to move out of California in about a
month, and I expect that the police in the state where I'm moving aren't
really going to care much about my windows. And I may even sell the car
in a few months. So assuming you can handle basic math, paying this $55
ticket and risking getting another one in a month is probably a lot more
economically sound than paying the $150 to have it removed.

But hey, thanks anyway for your sound advice. Keep up the good work,
officer Tony. I hope I get pulled over again, too!! And I hope it's
you or your cop family member that pulls me over!! I can't wait to talk
with you (or him/her).

Pat
Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

let me ask you smart people about car insurance? how much do you have?
whats enough?

Posted to rec.audio.car
CBFryman

i was pulled over not too long ago. Florida State Troopers have these
fancy tint checkers... i hit 28% on the dot

thankfully there is no law on the rear windows because my rears are 10%

--
CBFryman

Posted to rec.audio.car

JordanBrown wrote:
I was pulled over in my Camaro with 20% on the sides after 3 months...

BMW I now own has had 5% on the sides for over 2 years now with no
trouble.. It is a hit or miss really.

--
JordanBrown

The cops are looking for high risk cars to pull over. A BMW is less
likely to have some dirtball thats hopped up on crank and a bunch of
warrants than the Camaro.

Another thing, don't even have one beer and drive with your tinted
windows, just and easy excuse to pull you over.

Posted to rec.audio.car

Pat wrote:
Hi. Sorry if this is the wrong group for this topic.

I was recently pulled over for having my front windows tinted (in
California). The officer gave me what he called a "fix-it" ticket. He
said that all I need to do is have the tint removed, then get an officer to
sign off or whatever.

So, I have a couple of quesions for anyone who might have some experience
with tickets like this (which are total bull****, by the way):

1) Can I just pay the fine and not get the tint removed? Yes, I'm willing
to risk getting pulled over again.

2) Has anyone tried using the "sensitivity to light" story? I read
somewhere that you can go to an eye doctor with a sob story about being
sensitive to light and they'll write you some sort of note that you can
keep in the car and show to an officer.

Pat

Have Fun...

CALIFORNIA CODES
VEHICLE CODE

26708. (a) (1) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any
object or material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied
upon the windshield or side or rear windows.

(2) No person shall drive any motor vehicle with any object or
material placed, displayed, installed, affixed, or applied in or
upon the vehicle which obstructs or reduces the driver's clear
view through the windshield or side windows.

(3) This subdivision applies to a person driving a motor vehicle
with the driver's clear vision through the windshield, or side or
rear windows, obstructed by snow or ice.
(b) This section does not apply to any of the following:

(1) Rearview mirrors.

(2) Adjustable nontransparent sunvisors which are mounted forward
of the side windows and are not attached to the glass.

(3) Signs, stickers, or other materials which are displayed in a
7-inch square in the lower corner of the windshield farthest removed
from the driver, signs, stickers, or other materials which are
displayed in a 7-inch square in the lower corner of the rear window
farthest removed from the driver, or signs, stickers, or other
materials
which are displayed in a 5-inch square in the lower corner of the
windshield nearest the driver.

(4) Side windows which are to the rear of the driver.

(5) Direction, destination, or termini signs upon a passenger common
carrier motor vehicle or a schoolbus, if those signs do not interfere
with the driver's clear view of approaching traffic.

(6) Rear window wiper motor.

(7) Rear trunk lid handle or hinges.

(8) The rear window or windows, when the motor vehicle is equipped
with outside mirrors on both the left- and right-hand sides of the
vehicle that are so located as to reflect to the driver a view of the
highway through each mirror for a distance of at least 200 feet to the
rear of the vehicle.

(9) A clear, transparent lens affixed to the side window opposite the

driver on a vehicle greater than 80 inches in width and which occupies
an area not exceeding 50 square inches of the lowest corner toward the
rear of that window and which provides the driver with a wide-angle
view
through the lens.

(10) Sun screening devices meeting the requirements of Section
26708.2
installed on the side windows on either side of the vehicle's front
seat,
if the driver or a passenger in the front seat has in his or her
possession a letter or other document signed by a licensed physician
and
surgeon certifying that the person must be shaded from the sun due to a

medical condition, or has in his or her possession a letter or other
document signed by a licensed optometrist certifying that the person
must
be shaded from the sun due to a visual condition. The devices
authorized
by this paragraph shall not be used during darkness.

(11) An electronic communication device affixed to the center
uppermost
portion of the interior of a windshield within an area that is not
greater
than 5 inches square, if the device provides either of the following:

(A) The capability for enforcement facilities of the Department of
the
California Highway Patrol to communicate with a vehicle equipped with
the device.

(B) The capability for electronic toll and traffic management on
public
or private roads or facilities.

(c) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), transparent material may be
installed,
affixed, or applied to the topmost portion of the windshield if the
following
conditions apply:

(1) The bottom edge of the material is at least 29 inches above the
undepressed driver's seat when measured from a point 5 inches in front
of the bottom of the backrest with the driver's seat in its rearmost
and lowermost position with the vehicle on a level surface.

(2) The material is not red or amber in color.

(3) There is no opaque lettering on the material and any other
lettering
does not affect primary colors or distort vision through the
windshield.

(4) The material does not reflect sunlight or headlight glare into
the
eyes of occupants of oncoming or following vehicles to any greater
extent
than the windshield without the material.

(d) Notwithstanding subdivision (a), clear, colorless, and
transparent
material may be installed, affixed, or applied to the front side
windows,
located to the immediate left and right of the front seat if the
following
conditions are met:

(1) The material has a minimum visible light transmittance of 88
percent.

(2) The window glazing with the material applied meets all
requirements
of Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standard No. 205 (49 C.F.R. 571.205),
including the specified minimum light transmittance of 70 percent and
the abrasion resistance of AS-14 glazing, as specified in that federal
standard.

(3) The material is designed and manufactured to enhance the ability
of the existing window glass to block the sun's harmful ultraviolet A
rays.

(4) The driver has in his or her possession, or within the vehicle,
a certificate signed by the installing company certifying that the
windows with the material installed meet the requirements of this
subdivision and identifies the installing company and the material's
manufacturer by full name and street address, or, if the material was
installed by the vehicle owner, a certificate signed by the material's
manufacturer certifying that the windows with the material installed
according to manufacturer's instructions meets the requirements of this

subdivision and identifies the material's manufacturer by full name
and street address.

(5) If the material described in this subdivision tears or bubbles,
or is otherwise worn to prohibit clear vision, it shall be removed
or replaced.

Amended Sec. 77, Ch. 1154, Stats. 1996. Effective September 30, 1996.
Amended Sec. 1, Ch. 476, Stats. 1998. Effective January 1, 1999.

26708.2. Sun screening devices permitted by paragraph (10) of
subdivision (b) of Section 26708 shall meet the following
requirements:
(a) The devices shall be held in place by means allowing ready
removal from the window area, such as a frame, a rigid material with
temporary fasteners, or a flexible roller shade.
(b) Devices utilizing transparent material shall be green, gray,
or a neutral smoke in color and shall have a luminous transmittance
of not less than 35 percent.
(c) Devices utilizing nontransparent louvers or other alternating
patterns of opaque and open sections shall have an essentially
uniform pattern over the entire surface, except for framing and
supports. At least 35 percent of the device area shall be open and
no individual louver or opaque section shall have a projected
vertical dimension exceeding 3/16 inch.
(d) The devices shall not have a reflective quality exceeding 35
percent on either the inner or outer surface.

26708.5. (a) No person shall place, install, affix, or apply any
transparent material upon the windshield, or side or rear windows, of
any motor vehicle if the material alters the color or reduces the
light transmittance of the windshield or side or rear windows, except
as provided in subdivision (b) or (c) of Section 26708.
(b) Tinted safety glass may be installed in a vehicle if (1) the
glass complies with motor vehicle safety standards of the United
States Department of Transportation for safety glazing materials, and
(2) the glass is installed in a location permitted by those
standards for the particular type of glass used.

26710. It is unlawful to operate any motor vehicle upon a highway
when the windshield or rear window is in such a defective condition
as to impair the driver's vision either to the front or rear.
In the event any windshield or rear window fails to comply with
this code the officer making the inspection shall direct the driver
to make the windshield and rear window conform to the requirements of
this code within 48 hours. The officer may also arrest the driver
and give him notice to appear and further require the driver or the
owner of the vehicle to produce in court satisfactory evidence that
the windshield or rear window has been made to conform to the
requirements of this code.

Posted to rec.audio.car
black300zx

bob wald Wrote:
ok kids the main reason i think they want no tinted windows is so they
can see inside your car ez...like checking for seat belts....

More like so the cop can actually see what you're doing when he's
approaching your car, so he's not worrying about if you're digging for
a gun, stashing drugs, ect.

--
black300zx
Posted to rec.audio.car
Captain Howdy

Tony is a cop that hates tinted windows. He is the Wyatt Earp of tint He'll
shoot your tires out and peel your tint.

[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

ok.. once i was stopped by the fuzz.. nothing big but he started walking
around my car looking in my windows..i asked him to stop seaching my
car....or illegally searching.
lol
also these nbc underage puzz traps they b showin on the tv.
Wish the naked guys on those tapes would call me.. id sue nbc/police for
$10million....
for cruel n unusual punishment-n-mental suffering.by posting my nude
pics while under arrest...Also if you in a trap...shut ya mouth!
They almost all confess!
LOL.....laffs......

Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat M

Wow so a razor blade and some Windex actually costs $150? I know the price
of things have been going up but that is absolutely ridiculous.

Hopefully with your sort of crappy attitude you might get pulled over again
soon enough and it might even be the same cop. As for me I am not a cop,
not related to a cop and am not ignorant. Now just because your girlfriend
got your windows tinted it is alright to keep them that way even though you
were already give a break with a Fix It ticket. Ya that makes allot of
sense. This is where I roll my eyes!!!

Why bother asking for advice if you can't take criticism or someone's
truthful answer?
--
Pat M
"Pat" wrote in message
So assuming you can handle basic math, paying this $55 ticket and risking
getting another one in a month is probably a lot more economically sound
than paying the $150 to have it removed.
Pat

Posted to rec.audio.car
metal_flowboard

thats a bit different over here in the UK

BMW + tinted windows = stereotype drug dealer lol

although i gotta admit BMW's don't look all that bad when their black
with black tinted windows

Posted to rec.audio.car
MOSFET

ok.. once i was stopped by the fuzz.. nothing big but he started walking
around my car looking in my windows..i asked him to stop seaching my
car....or illegally searching.

OMG!!! That was actually a relatively normal sentence with no grammatical
errors. Did YOU, Bob, actually type this or did you have a friend? Why
don't you try talking like this ALL the time BOB? People will certainly
take you more seriously.

MOSFET

Posted to rec.audio.car
NDGeist

Pat, you realize you live in a democracy, right? Where the people, by
proxy, make and uphold the law?

If you feel so adamantly about this, you should petition your
local/stat government and see if you can get it switched. As it
stands, coming accross as an ignorant whiny kid on the internet isn't
getting anything fixed.

You don't understand the justification behind the law, that's
understandable. I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you should
try going about it in a resonable, adult like manner...

--
NDGeist

Posted to rec.audio.car
flak_monkey

I already wrote my congressman and governer concerning this matter. Does
that give me permission to whine? LOL. I think that the law is there for
a good reason. I also believe it should be grandfather'ed in so that it
doesn't waste people's money who had it done before the law was passed,
and now the new law comes along and says they have to get rid of it. But
that's just me.

--
flak_monkey
Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat

As for me I am not a cop, not related to a cop and am not ignorant.

Ok, so, what's your point? What I said was that the only people who assume
that just because something becomes a law, it is fair (not bull****) are
one of those three types of people. Are you saying that's not true? I
think most of us can name several laws that are bull****, and the law
against tinted windows is one of them.

Now just because
your girlfriend got your windows tinted it is alright to keep them
that way even though you were already give a break with a Fix It
ticket. Ya that makes allot of sense. This is where I roll my
eyes!!!

I don't even understand what you're saying. What exactly are you rolling
your eyes at? I pointed out that my girlfriend got my windows tinted
simply because Tony the enforcer was ****ed at me for being such a deviant
and just wanting to defy the law. I myself didn't even get the windows
tinted in the first place. The fact that my girlfriend did it has nothing
to do with why I do or do not want to get the tint removed.

Why bother asking for advice if you can't take criticism or someone's
truthful answer?

I can take criticism just fine. But I can also respond to someone's
unwarranted, insulting attack, too. If you look through this thread, you
might see that there are quite a few useful answers, and then there's
Tony's unfounded rant about me being such a law breaker (and then your very
similar one). I feel that I have the right to respond to that, and I also
don't really care if you don't like my response... actually, I think it's
more accurate to say that you didn't understand my response. But whatever.
Posted to rec.audio.car
Pat

NDGeist wrote in
:

Pat, you realize you live in a democracy, right? Where the people, by
proxy, make and uphold the law?

If you feel so adamantly about this, you should petition your
local/stat government and see if you can get it switched. As it
stands, coming accross as an ignorant whiny kid on the internet isn't
getting anything fixed.

You don't understand the justification behind the law, that's
understandable. I don't know what to tell you, but maybe you should
try going about it in a resonable, adult like manner...

What are you talking about? Going about what? I asked a very specific
question about what my options are after getting a ticket for tinted
windows. I put a tiny comment in parentheses saying that I feel this law
is bull****, and it is. So what exactly is it that I feel so adamantly
about? Are you talking about my response to Tony? Tony is the one being
unreasonably "adamant" in his blind *defense* of the law and his rush to
attack someone for no reason. I just defended myself, and I stand by
everything that I pointed out in that response. The law doesn't make
sense.

You're saying that whining on the Internet isn't going to get anything
fixed, like that's some kind of mature insight, but I never said that I
want to get anything fixed. And for that matter, how do you know that I'm
not actively involved in politics? Sometimes you guys make a lot of bad
assumptions just for the sake of sounding all grown up in a silly Usenet
post.

And by the way, you're being completely naive about the way lawmaking works
in the US. Yeah, writing letters to congress will do a lot to get the
window tint law changed. It's not exactly an issue at the top of their
lists at the moment. I'm sure when they're up for re-election, they'll be
stressing out over those seven votes from the guys in this thread who
recently got tickets for tinted windows... "We've got to get those votes
from the tinted-window demographic!"
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

metal_flowboard wrote:
thats a bit different over here in the UK

BMW + tinted windows = stereotype drug dealer lol

although i gotta admit BMW's don't look all that bad when their black
with black tinted windows

Ha... the really nasty ones are the dark-colored cars with silver- or
cold-colored tint... yeeeuck.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-3, 05/19/2006
Tested on: 5/19/2006 4:37:47 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

NDGeist wrote:
Pat, you realize you live in a democracy, right? Where the people, by
proxy, make and uphold the law?

If you feel so adamantly about this, you should petition your
local/stat government and see if you can get it switched. As it
stands, coming accross as an ignorant whiny kid on the internet isn't
getting anything fixed.

Of course, by the time the law COULD get changed (if it were to happen,
which is unlikely anyway), Pat would theoretically be old enough not to
get so wound up about it.

I say "theoretically" because age doesn't necessarily bring maturity...

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0620-3, 05/19/2006
Tested on: 5/19/2006 4:39:51 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
bob wald

my cars has pink tint, pearl white colored n named my love
buggy....''happy face''

Posted to rec.audio.car
GregS

In article pEsbg.175583$P01.17031@pd7tw3no, Matt Ion wrote:
wrote:

CALIFORNIA CODES
VEHICLE CODE

In short: the law prohibits anything that could adversely affect the
driver's view of his surroundings. Note that "shading devices" are
allowed for (with doctor's or optometrist's note) medical conditions,
but they MUST BE REMOVABLE FOR NIGHT DRIVING.

So if you want to peel your tint off every night, and then put it back
on in the morning, by all means, go get that doctor's note...

The laws are shakey, but here in Pa and most places, the cop does not
want to come up to a car and not see the driver. If he can't see the driver, he should
allready have his gun pointed as he walks up. Do you like to have guns pointed at
you? Its OK to tint rearward windows as long as they pass shading test.
Nothing in the front seats or front window. Its all very clear.

greg
Posted to rec.audio.car
Matt Ion

wrote:

CALIFORNIA CODES
VEHICLE CODE

In short: the law prohibits anything that could adversely affect the
driver's view of his surroundings. Note that "shading devices" are
allowed for (with doctor's or optometrist's note) medical conditions,
but they MUST BE REMOVABLE FOR NIGHT DRIVING.

So if you want to peel your tint off every night, and then put it back
on in the morning, by all means, go get that doctor's note...

The laws are shakey, but here in Pa and most places, the cop does not
want to come up to a car and not see the driver. If he can't see the driver, he should
allready have his gun pointed as he walks up. Do you like to have guns pointed at
you? Its OK to tint rearward windows as long as they pass shading test.
Nothing in the front seats or front window. Its all very clear.

Clear, but dim

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0621-1, 05/22/2006
Tested on: 5/22/2006 1:54:51 PM

Posted to rec.audio.car
JordanBrown

Not to bring this up from the dead, but I have been out of town..

I think they should make the chrome appearance tint off of cars. Not
only does it block all vision inward, it actually reflects outward in
some cases.. I never understood how rice rockets can drive around town
with that on their side windows and not get pulled over when its so
obvious... Black tint should be the only one allowed.

--
JordanBrown