Bkinsey

bob wald wrote:
if you understand anything other than basic car audio you should know
what i mean.....

Bobby-Lee, look I think you got that sentce messed up hon. It should
say, If I understand anything other than basic car audio (which I
don't!) I should know what you mean (but again, I don't!).
MZ

On Fri, 29 Jul 2005, bob wald wrote:

i know more now than Youll ever know over your life in car
audio.....also i dont know things that i dont need to know just as you
dont know things you need to know......LOL

Why do you refuse to answer the question? Here it is again: do you know
what the 20v rating on a cap means?
bob wald

i meant 3farad...or 2.4farad. only use those for daily driving....big
enough to help not too big to strain the battery...etc.

KaeZoo

"bob wald" wrote in message
i know more now than Youll ever know over your life in car
audio.....also i dont know things that i dont need to know just as you
dont know things you need to know......LOL

If you can find any of your old calendars from, say, 1987, I bet you even
have the day marked when you finally knew everything you needed to know.

Mister.Lull

"20 is too high a drain on your electrical system....
for daily driving its too much.....
if you need a 20v cap..youd be better off adding a battery.....cheaper

too.
or get acouple of 3v caps....give or take half a cap...... "

"i meant 3farad...or 2.4farad. only use those for daily driving....big
enough to help not too big to strain the battery...etc. "

Bob, you must be slipping. That last reply was some of the worst
backpeddling I've ever seen.

~Mister.Lull

MZ

i know more now than Youll ever know over your life in car
audio.....also i dont know things that i dont need to know just as you
dont know things you need to know......LOL

If you can find any of your old calendars from, say, 1987, I bet you even
have the day marked when you finally knew everything you needed to know.

My guess is that he wasn't born yet.
deez

On Wed, 27 Jul 2005 23:03:54 -0400, Scott Gardner
wrote:

If you have a 1-wire alternator, the alternator doesn't even "turn on"
until the engine is up at idle speed or even higher. That's why you
sometimes have to "blip" the throttle after you've started the car to
get the alternator to start producing current. Of course, once the
alternator "turns on", it will continue to produce current until the
engine is shut off.

CRAP I wish I had known that 400 dollars ago.