pil

Default putting stuff into sub box

I heard that you can virtually change the volume (increase it???) by putting
things like foam into the box. Please give me info on this.

Thanks for all your help.

Jimi77

Polyfil (pillow stuffing) from Walmart or a craft store will make th
box act like it's a little bigger
-
Jimi7
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17768

thelizman

pil wrote:
I heard that you can virtually change the volume (increase it???) by putting
things like foam into the box. Please give me info on this.

You can't increase the volume of a box by putting things into it which
displaces volume. There is a theory that polyfill virtually increases
the volume of a box, but any such increase is incredibly small. If it
were that easy, we'd just make really small boxes and pack them with
polyfill or foam.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Oliver wrote:
You get a "warmer" feel to your bass by putting in wadding, but it actually
decreases the "volume" as you put it...

How the hell do you make SOUND FEEL WARMER?

What's next? Ice cream which tastes like the color quiet?

Show me some response curves which show a "warmer" sound - or even a
significant alteration in the frequency response of a sub-enclosure
combination before and after its stuffed.

Go on...I'll wait here.

--
thelizman

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

Can?
When and in what instance..??

I thought you once said IT WILL...???

Now your not so possitive about it... ha ha ha

Nousaine wrote:

Actually it is true that fiberous stuffing can make an enclosure work at low
frequencies like it's approximately 25% larger in Thiele/Small small signal
analysis.

thelizman

Eddie Runner wrote:
Can?
When and in what instance..??

I thought you once said IT WILL...???

Now your not so possitive about it... ha ha ha

Didn't he also used to say it as 15%? Now it's 25%?

Good thing I've got my boots on.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
Eddie Runner

he plagerized all that stuff from JAES papers anyway....
ha ha ha
Like he actually tested this stuff....
(i have!)

thelizman wrote:

Eddie Runner wrote:
Can?
When and in what instance..??

I thought you once said IT WILL...???

Now your not so possitive about it... ha ha ha

Didn't he also used to say it as 15%? Now it's 25%?

Good thing I've got my boots on.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Eddie Runner

I dont see YOUR evidence..!!
I just see words, you coulda read this stuff off the wall
in the mens room at the bus station for all I know...

Last time Tom, I was the one that produced all the photos
and web pages filled with computer plots....

This time I wanna see yours before I show you mine... I think
your too lazy to actually produce anything...

Eddie Runner

Nousaine wrote:

Actually I've done the experiments. In some cases the Fsb of a system was
reduced by as much as a 35% larger enclosure would have produced. However,
because that much stuffing (1.5-lbs per ft3) may have provided some added
moving mass to the driver it seems more rational to suggest 25% as a reasonable
rule-of-thumb.

What evidence do you bring to the table?

Eddie Runner

Nousaine wrote:
One last time Eddie. Your website claims that standing wave elimination (2
waves traveling in opposite directions) increases bass in the car when the
trunk is opened. Yet your 'cartoon' shows waves traveling in the same
direction; both out the back of the car. So how does that support your
hypotheses?

Tom, you can whine about my web pages all you want to, I aint gonna
remove them or change them untill you prove to me with your own theories
or plots or what have you, that they are incorrect...

Your words are bull****...
In fact, just like above, your words are usually questions for me to
answer, not FACTS provided by you of the contrary...

I spent so much time answering you in our other big thread about this
that I got tired of repeating myself and put my tests and plots on a web
page for all to see... ya wanna ask me more questions about why this or
how that, you can go there and read it for yourself...
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming.html
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

now, untill you put up some evidence your just another mouth fulla
bull****.....

Put up or shut up...

And I mean on this thread or the old thread whichever pleases you...

Hell Tom, you have never put up one iota of evidence or testing ever!
I believe my dog when he speaks more then I believe you!
Words are meaningless unless you can back em up...

Eddie Runner

Nousaine

Eddie Runner wrote:

Bluster - City:

Nousaine wrote:
[...]

So Eddie; exactly how do your cartoons explain how the standing wave (expounded
by you at length) phenomenon you postulate explain how waves traveling in the
same direction; cancel?

Eddie Runner

another question from TOM
Still no evidence from TOM

Tom to answer your questions

Nousaine wrote:

Hell Tom, you have never put up one iota of evidence or testing ever!
I believe my dog when he speaks more then I believe you!
Words are meaningless unless you can back em up...

Eddie Runner

So Eddie; exactly how do your cartoons explain how the standing wave (expounded
by you at length) phenomenon you postulate explain how waves traveling in the
same direction; cancel?

thelizman

Nousaine wrote:
So Eddie

snip

You two ladies want to get a room?

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Nousaine wrote:

What evidence do you bring to the table?

Eddie Runner. And his cartoons.

Funny, you've never provided anything resembling "evidence". You've
offered anectdote and plattitudes. Kindly move along now.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
MZ

I believe my dog when he speaks more then I believe you!

WTF?? The Texas heat has finally put Eddie over the edge...

Eddie Runner

My dog tells me when a stranger comes up the driveway.
My dog tells me when she wants to go outside.
My dog tells me when she is hungry.
My dog tells me when she wants to go for a ride in the truck.
My dog tell me alot of things.

So far Tom Noisaine hasnt said ANYTHING!!

I would rather talk to my dog...!!

BTW it aint that hot down here now...

MZ wrote:

I believe my dog when he speaks more then I believe you!

WTF?? The Texas heat has finally put Eddie over the edge...

sancho

Nousaine wrote:

So Eddie; exactly how do your cartoons explain how the standing wave (expounded
by you at length) phenomenon you postulate explain how waves traveling in the
same direction; cancel?

how many times are you gonna do the 'inane question' thing?

how many variations on 'how does the speaker know' did we suffer through
in the threads about box placement?

couldn't you find a new ridiculous argument tactic?

if you don't like eddie's cartoon, tell him how to improve it... it's
obvious to me (and i believe most other folks) that you can't draw every
wave headed in every direction and illustrate all the ways in which they
interact in a two dimensional graphic (perhaps you can... i'd love to
see it instead of listening to you ask the same stupid question a
bajillion times)...
--
sancho
this post was intended for usenet, if you are reading this post on a

Nousaine

Nousaine wrote:

Hell Tom, you have never put up one iota of evidence or testing ever!
I believe my dog when he speaks more then I believe you!
Words are meaningless unless you can back em up...

Eddie Runner

So Eddie; exactly how do your cartoons explain how the standing wave

(expounded
by you at length) phenomenon you postulate explain how waves traveling in

the
same direction; cancel?

Why not answer the question Eddie? A standing wave requires 2 waves traveling
in opposite directions. Does it not? So then tell me exactly how the waves in
your diagram which are traveling in the same direction manage to to constitute
a standing wave?
Eddie Runner

Nousaine wrote:

Why not answer the question Eddie?

my papers DO answer the question....

A standing wave requires 2 waves traveling
in opposite directions. Does it not?

No, a standing wave can reinforce or cancel when ANY TWO (or more) waves meet
in a way that causes a standing node or antinode... Your understanding of
accousticcs
is limited to the elementary level Tom...

So then tell me exactly how the waves in
your diagram which are traveling in the same direction manage to to constitute
a standing wave?

Its all in the paper!

Where is your evedence to the contrary Tom..??

Opps gotta run, by dog is barking!

Eddie Runner

thelizman

Default Stop the Noisane

Nousaine wrote:

Why not answer the question Eddie?

snip

He answered this question a million times already. The outcome of the
argument is not going to change just because you've dropped it until
everyone forgets the specifics of the argument. It doesn't matter anyway
- everyone will remember that you have provided no evidence, no facts,
and no proofs. You have offered only anectdotes and plattitudes.

Please. Stop. You've blown your credibility already. At least let the
subject die with a degree of dignity.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
Eddie Runner

ha ha
yeah, and we were talking about pollyfill this time
and he knows he is wrong on that account so he
goes back to the arguement from a few months ago
trying to reclaim some of his lost credibility...

ha ha ha

Title of this message makes me laugh!
keep up the good work...

thelizman wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

[...]

fhlh002

my theory is that it helps stop the echo effects within a box, maybe this
echo is canceling the low end theory???? maybe the polly helps increase the
lowend response by "deading" the internals of the box???

I only say this because, one time, at subwoofer camp, I stuck a 12" sub
up......

no, really... take an empty box, stick your head in it and talk... it'll
echo, reverb......now put some Polly Phil on the walls of the box. stick
your head in and talk, dead, ain't it (i.g. no echo).....

fhlh.......I did all this testing in a vette... so treat it as fact. mmmmk,
thanks
teamrocs

"thelizman" wrote in message
pil wrote:
[...]

fhlh002

I like cartoons....

--
fhlh.....
THIS SIG WAS STOLEN FROM SANCHO... **** it!

"thelizman" wrote in message
Nousaine wrote:

What evidence do you bring to the table?

Eddie Runner. And his cartoons.

Funny, you've never provided anything resembling "evidence". You've
offered anectdote and plattitudes. Kindly move along now.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

Nousaine

"fhlh002" wrote:

can we get back to pollyfillmyass?

fhlh
teamrocs

Not with Eddie; don't ya know?

Eddie Runner

Tom,
You always respond with a question..! Why cant you ever say something
of value..??

Nousaine wrote:

So Eddie; according to your measurements exactly what happens when you stuff a
woofer box? Doesn't the resonance (Fsb) fall? Don't rear-wall relections being
spit out the port/cone become reduced? Or not?

Echos are reduced.

Eddie Runner

Eddie Runner

Nousaine wrote:

Actually that's not the case at all.

he always says that but has never given any real evedence of why.

Eddie made his case on this being a
"standing wave" phenomenon; which it clearly NOT and he refuses to acknowledge
that he was clearly wrong in that explanation .....

I have stated many times WHY IT IS and provided evedence that it is so.
But you have never given ANY evedence that it is not...

which he will not because
his phenomenon is not a standing wave problem (his waves are traveling in the
same direction when his supposed cancellations occur.)

The very elementary standing wave examples always show TWO WAVES,
going in opposite directions... Why dont you acknowledge this Tom and move
on a little further or deeper into standing wave theory...

For instance, if the wave bounces again and again, are they exempt in some
strange way from joining and contributing to the standing wave because of
your imaginary ONE WAY SIGNS..??? Of course not, they can have
as much fun playing the game of standing waves as any reflection does!!

Or waves that DO NOT go in opposite directions, that reflect off of non-parrallel
reflectors, are they somehow prohibited from being called standing waves if
they overlap each other and create nodes and antinodes..?? Of course not...

Tom, maybe you saw the page in the physics book with the very elementary
drawings of standing waves, now the time has come to turn the page and
learn alittle more about the complex standing waves...

And if he doesn't
understand the acoustics ....

But he does!

how do we accept any other of his arguments?

They are the only ones with any evedence!
If you provided ANY evedence then maybe folks would have
a choice..!

Come on Tom what are you afraid of..??
So far, I have scanned books, pictures, and posted photos and descriptions
on a web page of three different cars....

Your evedence so far,...???
NOTTA!
Just insults, and stupid questions...

I'll
agree that acoustical neophytes, such as yourself,

more insults.... Still no evedence...

would be more than happy to
let the issue die because you can't stand the idea that there are people who
understand these acoustical phenomena better than you.

Let it DIE..??? Let it DIE???
What makes you say that..???

IF I wanted it to die, I wouldnt have documented everything with photos and
web pages for all to see..... ha ha ha

If I wanted it to die, I would RUSH right over and pull down all
my web pages....!! Im not gonna do that...

Why do you make this stuff up Tom, whats your motivation..??

Life is tough. Live with it. Expand your knowledge.

Heed your own words, its time to TURN THE PAGE!!

ha ha ha

Eddie Runner

thelizman

Nousaine wrote:

Actually that's not the case at all.

So sayeth you.

I'll
agree that acoustical neophytes, such as yourself, would be more than happy to
let the issue die because you can't stand the idea that there are people who
understand these acoustical phenomena better than you.

There's the ad-hominem, proof that you've exhausted your intellectual
capacity for argument. Know that simply regurgitating old articles from
the JAAS doesn't make you an expert in acoustics. Your obvious and
glaring ignorance of some of the physics involved in wave propagation
has been well demonstrated in several posts here. So while you may
consider me a neophyte because I have only 12 years in this industry, at
least I'm not a whore whose audio opinions bear a linear relationship to
whose ads appear near my articles.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
MZ

There's the ad-hominem, proof that you've exhausted your intellectual
capacity for argument.

Wait a second...don't you live by the ad hominem?

Nousaine

Eddie Runner wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

Actually that's not the case at all.

he always says that but has never given any real evedence of why.

Eddie made his case on this being a
"standing wave" phenomenon; which it clearly NOT and he refuses to

acknowledge
that he was clearly wrong in that explanation .....

I have stated many times WHY IT IS and provided evedence that it is so.

Evidence? You mean the cartoon that shows the waves, where you claim the
cancellation occurs, traveling in the same direction? By definition it cannot
be a standing wave phenomenon. And it isn't; it's a refection bounce
cancellation, similar to a floor bounce cancellation with a floorstanding
speaker ..... which occurs at frequencies well above the subwoofer range.

But you have never given ANY evedence that it is not...

which he will not because
his phenomenon is not a standing wave problem (his waves are traveling in

the
same direction when his supposed cancellations occur.)

The very elementary standing wave examples always show TWO WAVES,
going in opposite directions... Why dont you acknowledge this Tom and move
on a little further or deeper into standing wave theory...

Two waves traveling in opposite directions; that's true. So why do your two
waves travel in the same direction when cancellation occurs? Why not get more
involved in acoustical theory?

For instance, if the wave bounces again and again, are they exempt in some
strange way from joining and contributing to the standing wave because of
your imaginary ONE WAY SIGNS..??? Of course not, they can have
as much fun playing the game of standing waves as any reflection does!!

Standing waves are different from specular reflections in fundamental ways. You
should know that ny now.

Or waves that DO NOT go in opposite directions, that reflect off of
non-parrallel
reflectors, are they somehow prohibited from being called standing waves if
they overlap each other and create nodes and antinodes..?? Of course not...

That's true; wall reflections aren't standing waves and depending on direction
behave differently.

Tom, maybe you saw the page in the physics book with the very elementary
drawings of standing waves, now the time has come to turn the page and
learn alittle more about the complex standing waves...

Now a new physical term; "complex" standing waves. I just checked your favorite
text on Acoustics and I can't find a reference or index listing for "standing
waves-complex" or "complex standing waves." Obviously you are far ahead of
modern acoustics on this one.

And if he doesn't
understand the acoustics ....

But he does!

how do we accept any other of his arguments?

They are the only ones with any evedence!
If you provided ANY evedence then maybe folks would have
a choice..!

Sure they do. I've publish plenty of evidence 10 times a year. All you gotta do
is look it up. And I've supplied several posters with graphical evidence under
separate cover.

Come on Tom what are you afraid of..??
So far, I have scanned books, pictures, and posted photos and descriptions
on a web page of three different cars....

Your evedence so far,...???
NOTTA!
Just insults, and stupid questions...

Hey if you can't answer simple questions that's not my fault.

I'll
agree that acoustical neophytes, such as yourself,

more insults.... Still no evedence...

would be more than happy to
let the issue die because you can't stand the idea that there are people

who
understand these acoustical phenomena better than you.

Let it DIE..??? Let it DIE???
What makes you say that..???

Let it die? You mean get off your back? Actually I've never been ON your back.
I simply in one post suggested that your cartoon didn't explain the phenomenon
you postulated; and it doesn't. If it did you'd be able to explain how two
waves traveling in the same direction cause a standing wave phenomenon.

The simple truth is they do not; and you can't pull enough bull out of your
sack to explain why they 'do' or how the low frequency sound in your car gets
"louder" when you open the hatch and let the sound pressure get out. If that
were truly the case then the dB Drag contestants would all be using open-trunk;
open-hatch, open- rear door topology.

I wonder why they want to seal those cars up so well when they could get extra
bass by just checking your web-site and "open" themselves to better SPL?

IF I wanted it to die, I wouldnt have documented everything with photos and
web pages for all to see..... ha ha ha

If I wanted it to die, I would RUSH right over and pull down all
my web pages....!! Im not gonna do that...

Why do you make this stuff up Tom, whats your motivation..??

Life is tough. Live with it. Expand your knowledge.

I do that every day Eddie. I'd offer you that same advice.

Heed your own words, its time to TURN THE PAGE!!

OK; whenever you are ready.

ha ha ha

Eddie Runner

ha ha ha ......... snicker.

Nousaine

thelizman wrote:

Nousaine wrote:

[...]

Nice dodge. But that seems to be the issue with guys like you and Eddie. You
dislike folks who sometimes dislocate Audio Urban Legends simply because you
aren't anxious enough to examine the phenomena more closely. It's much easier
to argue and name call.

Lighten up; car sound is fun. Why let these personal things interfere with
what's true and what really leads to better sound. Guys like you and Eddie are
on the right side of the fence on lots of stuff. Why **** on my and your shoes
just because you don't like what I have to say about a single issue?

I'm not negotiating here. His cartoon on standing wave cancellation is clearly
not what he claims it to be. It's "not" a standing wave phenomenon and it
doesn't cccur at 60 Hz as he claims.

To call me an "ad-whore" is interesting;and makes it obvious that you're more
interested in name-calling than acoustics.

In that vein let me discuss my professional involvement in audio. I began
evaluating professionally (home audio products) in 1985 after 15 years of home
audio enthusiasm (designed and built a sound proof listening room, full range
speakers, many subwoofer systems) and moved into autosound evaluation in 1988.
Following that I expanded to home audio evaluation in 1990 (Sound & Image) and
had my first story published in Stereo Review in 1994.

During the previous period I acquired (on my own dime) and became proficient
with computer based acoustical measurement equipment. Soon after I became
Central-Region Vice President of the Audio Engineering Society. I was also a
regular IASCA Judge.

In 1996 I retired from my day job (Economist at Ameritech, baby bell) and
shortly moved back to the Detroit area. Subsequently, in 1999, I became a
Listening Technology Associate at DLC Design where I've tested (not consulted
in design) 500 OEM prototype and production systems. All that time I have never
discontinued my aftermarket car-audio work.

Even though most of my work gets published in consumer magazines (car and home)
I am not directly employed by either Mobile Electronics or Sound & Vision. I'm
what they call a "stringer" or non-staff contractor.

I do not possess the skills to make consumer grade cosmetic installations; but
I have managed to make evaluative installations (sometime pretty crafty) of
several hundred after-market systems in a variety of cars but mostly in a
continuing parade of cars where I can use the next system in the same
acoustical conditions (same car) as I did the last one.

While I measure all systems in-car and under lab conditions I also conduct a
through listening evaluation using the Listening Technology system.

All evaluative work is done in a way to most effectively factor out normal
human bais whenever possible. It ain't easy but it helps to eliminate my
personal bias from the results.

So as an "ad-whore" ...... I'm not really offended, I get lots of that stuff
...... but you can go "pound sand' as it were :-)
thelizman

MZ wrote:
There's the ad-hominem, proof that you've exhausted your intellectual
capacity for argument.

Wait a second...don't you live by the ad hominem?

No, he's two streets over. I live by the bilous insult.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
thelizman

Nousaine wrote:
thelizman wrote:

Nice dodge. But that seems to be the issue with guys like you and Eddie. You
dislike folks who sometimes dislocate Audio Urban Legends simply because you
aren't anxious enough to examine the phenomena more closely. It's much easier
to argue and name call.

Actually, guys like Eddie and I are some of the only people actually
dislocation AULs (it was I who coined the phrase "Voodoo Car Stereo").

Lighten up; car sound is fun. Why let these personal things interfere with
what's true and what really leads to better sound. Guys like you and Eddie are
on the right side of the fence on lots of stuff. Why **** on my and your shoes
just because you don't like what I have to say about a single issue?

Sport, old man, sport.

To call me an "ad-whore" is interesting;and makes it obvious that you're more
interested in name-calling than acoustics.

Yeah, so what Mr. Poopy Pants.

So as an "ad-whore" ...... I'm not really offended, I get lots of that stuff
..... but you can go "pound sand' as it were :-)

HA HA! You're an okay guy Tom. But you still haven't offered "proof" in
the way Eddie has. That's the whole problem I have with you, as all I've
ever seen you offer is anectdotal evidence. That might work with most
people as an appeal to authority, but I expect more. Until then, the
dick-measuring contest is in Eddies favor.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

teamROCS Car Audio Forums
http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
Eddie Runner

Tom,
this thread started about fiberous materials in boxes.
I disagree with your previous article about it.

instead of debating that you wanna call names and talk
about standing waves...

The thread about the standing waves started where you
wrote an article saying the woofer box position in a car
doesnt matter...

I PROVED IT DOES!!!

Instead of backing up your position on the two main
points, you want to call names and worry about the
defintion of standing waves.....??

Cant back up your own findings (cause they are lies)
so you call names and try to change the subject.

Oh well

Nousaine

Eddie Runner wrote:

Tom,
this thread started about fiberous materials in boxes.
I disagree with your previous article about it.

OK; and what evidence did you present that cast doubt on that?

instead of debating that you wanna call names and talk
about standing waves...

I've never resorted to name-calling and you KNOW that's true Eddie. But ny
reference to standing waves was simply this ... You made a big deal about
standing waves being a function of sound waves traveling in different
directions in our initial e-change and when it was pointed out to you that your
"cartoon" involved sound waves traveling in the SAME direction and could
therefore Not be a standing wave phenomenonyou've never been able explain how
it was a standing wave phenomenon.

Because of that I was simply wondering how you were able to "teach" the rest of
us about acoustics.

The thread about the standing waves started where you
wrote an article saying the woofer box position in a car
doesnt matter...

And at subwoofer frequencies (below roughly 60 -100 Hz in small cars) it
doesn't.

I PROVED IT DOES!!!

I've proved it doesn't and published reports in Car Stereo Review nearly 10
years ago that shows same. I've also replicated your claimed phenomenon and
sent results to interested parties.

And, in regard to the claim that opening the truck INCREASES bass you've never
bothered to explain exactly why dB-Drag Race cars NEVER have open trunks or
hatches. If what you say is true than it would seem easy for those guys to
improve performance by opening the truck instead of sealing-up and reinforcing
the interiors of their cars. Help me out here would you :-?

Instead of backing up your position on the two main
points, you want to call names and worry about the
defintion of standing waves.....??

Not true at all. I've never name-called; and you know that's true, now don't
you? But you still can't defend your standing wave hypothesis either. If you
could I'd assume that you would have already.

Cant back up your own findings (cause they are lies)
so you call names and try to change the subject.

"Lies" ....well? Oh well.

Oh well

That's my response.