Paul Vina

Default Xtant "A" series?

The AG's still have RCAs on them. But they had the problem with the
Symbilink inputs too.

Paul Vina

"cujo613" wrote in message

Umm all the new Zapcos come with a symbilink so you wouldnt be using the
rca input. My 1100m doesnt even have rca inputs. But yes i did have a
problem with the first symbilink I had. And i did hear that it was a
problem. But Zapco was all over the problem!! Damn lowest
bidders!!!!!!!!

--
cujo613
cujo613's Profile:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/m...fo&userid=2284
View this thread:

http://www.realcaraudio.com/forums/s...threadid=11923

cujo613

I didnt have any problems with the inputs, but rather with the symbilink
itself. I could keep the volume at zero and out of nowhere i had
popcorn coming from the trunk. Took forever to track down the problem

--
cujo613

Tha Ghee

I am a Image Dynamic fanatic. I dont think there is a single peice of
equipment that thay put out that I wouldnt love to have. The closest
thing to them I have found is Crystal Mobile Sound. And sound quality
wise a company called Mark Antony makes Tremendous equipment. Great vacuum
tube amps as well. Alot of their sq stuff is very comparable to Zapco. High
damping and slew rates.

cujo613

I just think it's funny that you are putting Zapco in class almost unto
themselves, I can think of 6 or so companies that sound just as good or
not better. The whole SQ thing, last time I checked the vehicle with the
most wins in IASCA pro used "lowly" MTX.

Well, I didn't actually do that. You must have missed the original thread I
made. I asked what amps are compared to Zapco these days (I've been out of
the scene for a few years) and nobody could give me an answer. Everybody
said that nothing except maybe Brax could come close to Zapco still. I was
ready to try an Xtant, JL, Orion, PPI, Rockford, etc, amp just for fun but
everyone said that I would lose too much sound quality. I'm a tinkerer. I
just wanted to try to improve, but why bother when it looks like I can't
improve without spending $1200 for an amp?

And I don't care if a car with an MTX amp won Best Car Audio In the Known
Universe. The only place I'll install an MTX amp is into the trashcan.

Nousiane (sp?) has a challenge that if you can hear a difference in DBT

of amps he'll pay you $10k, so to him all amps sound the same
I'll take it. Who's Nousiaine?

Well it's to bad your to closed minded to see other good/great amps, you can
buy a Helix not spend a $1.2k and get great SQ. Like Paul said if you take
the challenge you'll lose no one has won it in 10+ years.

Eddie Runner

Soundfreak03 wrote:

Oh that explains alot. You were a dealer. Thats why you believe in so many
audio myths,

ha ha ha
There IS still a little RAC comedy if you look hard enough....

Eddie Runner

Eddie Runner

they did make a few DOGS.... In general I agree with ya though....

Paul Vina wrote:

Why? There's nothing wrong with MTX amps.

Paul Vina

Eddie Runner

Its not Tom Nousaine, its Richard CLark that has the amplifier challenge...

It means all amps sound the same (quality wise) but does not mean all amps
play at the same loudness....

Tha Ghee wrote:

Nousiane (sp?) has a challenge that if you can hear a difference in DBT of
amps he'll pay you $10k, so to him all amps sound the same

Eddie Runner

Paul you dummy!
Its not Nousaine!!! He is an idiot!

Its Richard Clark that does the amp challenge!
Richard Clark is a LIAR but he is no idiot....

And yes he will lose!

Paul Vina wrote:

You'll lose.

Tom Nousaine is an engineer and audio technical writer. He's been doing this
challenge for at least 10 years and NO ONE has EVER won it.

Paul Vina