Hamilton Audio

Default Ridiculas Cars

ahh, semantics. but we are NOT in Japan dude...and thats the bottom line.
if an R32 and a mootang are the same price in Japan, who would EVER buy a
mustang????????

needless to say, we're in North America where domestic muscle
reigns...dollar for dollar, the japs have a lot of catching up to do in
terms of HP, pure and simple.

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
It doesn't cost $16,000 to convert it, the price includes the conversion.
They quote the $16,000 if you want them to convert a car YOU bring over.

compared them because in Japan they are about the same price as a 90's
Mustang. If we were in Japan you'd say the same thing about the Mustang
being a lot more expensive.

Paul Vina

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
having looked at the site....they quote a mid 90's Vspec R32 at being

worth
$48,000. Now add $16,000 to convert it to being street legal. now add
ungodly amounts to get it here......

and we're comparing this to a mid 90's stang worth $4,000??????

head shake please

"Paul Vina" wrote in message
oops, I always mess that link up. I quoted the R32's since he was
comparing it to an 88-92 Mustang.

Paul Vina

"Brandon Buckner" wrote in message
BTW, its www.motorex.net. .com is a swiss oil company. For anyone

else
thats interested. The R32s are still only up to 1994. $27,000 is a

LOT
to spend on a 9-10 year or more old car. The price I approximated

below
was for the newer R34s. Which, according to that site, new one is

$95,500.

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

There is a company in S.CA that imports them directly from Japan.

If
you
get an R32 model they start at $27K or so. And they're smog

legal.
www.Motorex.com if you want to have a look.

Paul Vina

"Brandon Buckner" wrote in message

Yes, but you have to spend ~$90k to purchase it and get it shipped

Canada from Japan then manage to get it into the States without

someone
bitching about emissions regulations when trying to license it.

Don't
get me wrong, I would absolutely LOVE one. But thats what I make

in
3
years, so I don't think its gonna happen anytime soon. Thats also

with
just a supercharger isn't it?

Brandonb

Paul Vina wrote:

Even more
possibilities and power than a Supra or Skyline (My dream cars

btw).

The Skyline with the RB26DETT will make over 1000HP at the wheels

with

about

a $1000 investment. I can't think of any domestics that will

touch

that.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

"Hamilton Audio" wrote in message
.ca...
thank you sir! I agree that horsepower is not the deciding factor...ohh
well. seems paul is hung up on this car....what are the TORQUE ratings

for
this vehicle in the driveable band?

For an R32 (90-94) Skyline GT-R it its rated at 280 HP (Japan limits how
much HP you can advertise so it may very well have more) and 271 lb-ft of
torque at 4400RPM.

and it'll make this hp AND torque on
pee water?? if this is the case, how come every idiot willing to spend

big
bucks on a ride aren't importing these things?

Because a lot of people that drive big HP domestics won't drive an import.
Especially one that will be a little harder to get parts for and find
someone to work on.

why do they waste their time
on vettes, camaros and mustangs??

Ease of purchase and maintenance.

clearly there's more to the story. and soundfreak is right...you were
comparing to a mustang...somthing under $10,000, let alone $100,000.

apples
to apples guy!

I'll say this one more time so you can understand it. An R32 is only that
expensive HERE. A 90-94 Mustang would be that expensive in Japan. If you
compare their domestic market prices they are VERY comparable.

Last, I brought up the R34 Skyline (for $100,000 or so) because he brought
up the Lingenfelter C5 'Vette for $100,000.

Paul Vina

Paul Vina

ahh, semantics. but we are NOT in Japan dude...and thats the bottom line.
if an R32 and a mootang are the same price in Japan, who would EVER buy a
mustang????????

Would my argument be more valid if I DID live in Japan? BTW, in Japan,
Mustangs can easily be more expensive than a Skyline.

needless to say, we're in North America where domestic muscle
reigns...dollar for dollar, the japs have a lot of catching up to do in
terms of HP, pure and simple.

Depends on what exactly you're looking for. Other than pure "sports cars"
what American cars are geared towards enthusiasts and have big HP munbers?
1, the Neon SRT-4. For the $60,000 or so for a Mustang Cobra, you could
buy a 350Z ($35,000), spend about half of the $25,000 you'd have left and
have a car that would absolutely kill a Cobra at the dragstrip and on a
racetrack. is that apples to apples enough for you?

Paul Vina

Soundfreak03

Would my argument be more valid if I DID live in Japan? BTW, in Japan,
Mustangs can easily be more expensive than a Skyline.

Yes it would. We live in America with american prices, It doesnt matter what it
sells for in Japan. And how did you come up with the Japanese figure? If you
can get a car that everyone wants in America for that cheap in japan then why
dont we go buy a mess of them pay the import crap and sell them here for 90,000
dollars and make some money.

For the $60,000 or so for a Mustang Cobra, you could
buy a 350Z ($35,000), spend about half of the $25,000 you'd have left and
have a car that would absolutely kill a Cobra at the dragstrip and on a
racetrack. is that apples to apples enough for you?

Or give me a total of 25,000 and give me an older stang or an Old Dart or
chevelle or Fairlane and the car that will come out of that will beat them
both. Although it wouldnt look as pretty and I am assuming they started out
with the big block V-8.

But originally I thought it was about the impracticallity of import cars and
speed vs money spent. And noone has been able to show me otherwise. Dollar for
dollar you get more HP, Torque, and handling (Not always on the handling though
I will give you that)

BTW Paul I mean not disrespect to you at all I am just an fan of the muscle
cars and big block V-8s and always will be. Its like the whole Mac vs PC
thing. In which we all know that Atari is the best.

(Lets see how many jump on that one)
Paul Vina

Yes it would. We live in America with american prices, It doesnt matter

what it
sells for in Japan.

How do you know I DON'T live in Japan.

And how did you come up with the Japanese figure?

Firsthand knowledge.

If you can get a car that everyone wants in America for that cheap in japan

then why
dont we go buy a mess of them pay the import crap and sell them here for

90,000
dollars and make some money.

Because it's next to impossible to get the licenses to do it unless you're
in that business.

Or give me a total of 25,000 and give me an older stang or an Old Dart or
chevelle or Fairlane and the car that will come out of that will beat them
both. Although it wouldnt look as pretty and I am assuming they started

out
with the big block V-8.

God forbid you'd want to DRIVE that car, let alone take it on a road course.

But originally I thought it was about the impracticallity of import cars

and
speed vs money spent. And noone has been able to show me otherwise. Dollar

for
dollar you get more HP, Torque, and handling (Not always on the handling

though
I will give you that)

It depends on your base. If you're trying to do it with a Civic or
something of that nature, then yes, it can be astronomically expensive. But
imports can have the same kind of HP and torque for just as little.

BTW Paul I mean not disrespect to you at all I am just an fan of the

muscle
cars and big block V-8s and always will be. Its like the whole Mac vs

PC
thing. In which we all know that Atari is the best.

(Lets see how many jump on that one)

I like muscle cars as well, but imports can be cost effective as well.

Last, Macs are better, even if I do still use a ThinkPad and the Amiga was
WAY better than the Atari! LOL!

Paul Vina

Soundfreak03

How do you know I DON'T live in Japan.

Because you live in California, well last you said.

then why
dont we go buy a mess of them pay the import crap and sell them here for

90,000
dollars and make some money.

Because it's next to impossible to get the licenses to do it unless you're
in that business.

Damn!!! I was hoping for another get rich quick scheme.

God forbid you'd want to DRIVE that car, let alone take it on a road course.

Sure I would and Sure I have. It is amazing what you can do with Suspensions
nowadays. Heck, I even had a lowered Bronco for a while. It handled great and
ran like a bat out of hell. But it wasnt cheap to do that one, there is not kit
for the bronco and I had to convert it from 4 wheel to 2 wheel drive. I beat
many a imports of all types with it in the city.

It depends on your base. If you're trying to do it with a Civic or
something of that nature, then yes, it can be astronomically expensive. But
imports can have the same kind of HP and torque for just as little.

Which ones?? Thats what I want to know. I am not saying that there are not any
just not that I know of.

Last, Macs are better, even if I do still use a ThinkPad and the Amiga was
WAY better than the Atari! LOL!

Paul Vina

Im not real into the different formats I just like Atari for the game Pitfall.
That was a great game.
Paul Vina

Which ones?? Thats what I want to know. I am not saying that there are not
any
just not that I know of.

2nd Gen RX-7's come to mind. Not as much from the factory as a Stang, but
can easily go up 2 or 3 fold. 300ZX's, 3000GT's, even a Supra if you look
around.

Im not real into the different formats I just like Atari for the game

Pitfall.
That was a great game.

Pitfall was the bomb!!

Paul Vina

Beetlebz

dude, last week i spied an old school early 80s bonneville here in town
with an alpine chrome front liscense plate, and a big alpine banner on
the rear window. i looked inside (through the window) and eyeballed an
aiwa tape deck in the dash, the distinctive blue pioneer $50 speakers
mounted in WAY huge holes in the doors, a pair of xplod speakers with
the domes pushed in in 6x9 boxes in the back seat, and (i know i know i
shouldnt have opened it, but it was held down with a bungee cord) in
the trunk we found ABSOLUTELY NOTHING! save for a bottle of wiper fluid
and a half bottle of antifreeze. lol some alpine show car :P

Gravity wrote:
*Driving around downtown Windsor, Ontario me and my buddy spotted a
few cars
worthy of posting.

4dr 2nd Gen Cavalier (base) with what looked like a Neon spoiler,
exhaust
tip held on by exhaust brackets, and NOS/GT-R badges. Oh, and don't
forget
the bling bling chrome hubcaps.

CRX with a "Got Nitrous?" sticker in the rear window. However, the
car
didn't have NOS or ANY other mod except for a rusted Ractive fart
pipe
exhaust and a Jensen tape deck. Hell... buddy didn't even have a
console or
a complete dash.

Mercury Cougar (old style) with a huge painted wing that flexed
majorly as
he drove (looked like one of those baby Jolly Jumpers), and every
time the
car hit a bump the headlights went out.

Chrystler Daytona with a bad body kit, this one was great because he
busted
the front clip off when he drove out of his driveway.

:-D I just cut the cheese! *

--
Beetlebz
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=156359

Jason

Maybe it was a stealth install? Very stealth! Well, except for the huge
stickers...

s.com...

Gravity wrote:
[...]

Whey do people buy Bose Acousticmass systems instead of something like this? SalMX70 General 95 December 27th 04 12:37 AM
Help on car's computer! Tom Car Audio 0 August 25th 03 07:48 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 1 July 17th 03 05:00 PM
will mp3 made on NTFS file system play in mp3 players for cars??? CapnGimp Car Audio 2 July 14th 03 01:34 AM
Who here has perfomance cars? Dean Car Audio 7 July 6th 03 01:43 PM