Mark Zarella

Default Bridging an amp... Circuit theory question???

No, it doesn't affect the amount of voltage coming from the amplifier.
It
affects the current flow from the amplifier.

The inducted voltage (EMF) does affect the total potential of the circuit.

Depends on the node you're referring to, I suppose. You didn't specify.

Back EMF is an essential part
of the equation, like it or not. So it's perfectly valid to bring up in
this instance.

But it is still not proof that the impedance 1/2s
And this guy was trying to say that higher voltage travels faster than
lower voltage....

I agree with you on both points. He didn't make an argument about it. He
seemed to have gone off on a tangent.

But of course, nothing to do with speed...

The speed of coil motion through the field is one of the parameters that
determines the voltage amplitude.

He said SPEED is related to voltage.
your talking about something cvompletely different Mark
now your talking about frequency

No, I was talking about speed, not frequency (even though cone speed is
proportional to frequency, but frequency is not the only parameter of
course). I'm not sure what speed you're talking about.

Kevin McMurtrie

In article ,
"Mark Zarella" seesigfile wrote:

No, it doesn't affect the amount of voltage coming from the amplifier.

It
affects the current flow from the amplifier.

The inducted voltage (EMF) does affect the total potential of the circuit.

Depends on the node you're referring to, I suppose. You didn't specify.

Back EMF is an essential part
of the equation, like it or not. So it's perfectly valid to bring up in
this instance.

But it is still not proof that the impedance 1/2s
And this guy was trying to say that higher voltage travels faster than
lower voltage....

I agree with you on both points. He didn't make an argument about it. He
seemed to have gone off on a tangent.

The voltage matters in the cone's speed. This is easiest to see in
subwoofers with very large windings. They attenuate above a few hundred
Hz even through its no fault of the mechanics. The motion of the cone
generates a voltage that opposes the input voltage. A speaker is a
motor.

I said nothing of the relationship between electron speed and voltage.
There isn't one.

But of course, nothing to do with speed...

The speed of coil motion through the field is one of the parameters that
determines the voltage amplitude.

He said SPEED is related to voltage.
your talking about something cvompletely different Mark
now your talking about frequency

No, I was talking about speed, not frequency (even though cone speed is
proportional to frequency, but frequency is not the only parameter of
course). I'm not sure what speed you're talking about.

Mark Zarella

The voltage matters in the cone's speed. This is easiest to see in
subwoofers with very large windings. They attenuate above a few hundred
Hz even through its no fault of the mechanics. The motion of the cone
generates a voltage that opposes the input voltage. A speaker is a
motor.

I thought you were talking about the driving voltage. Yes, the emf as well
as the coil inductance play a part in attenuating high frequencies.