Eddie Runner

Default Stop the Noisane

Nousaine wrote:

instead of debating that you wanna call names and talk
about standing waves...

I've never resorted to name-calling and you KNOW that's true Eddie.

maybe not names like ASSHOLE or BUNGHOLE, but you have thrown
plenty of insults about my lack of audio skills, and thats the same danged
thing.. I would love it if you stayed on topic and left the insults out of it.

I have explained why I call it standing waves several times, you dont agree
with it so why not give us your version of the definition....

Plus, who even cares??
Your just trying to nit pick on off topic points....
The whole point was that woofer placement in a car DOES make a difference!
You said it didnt, and we proved you made a mistake....

But ny
reference to standing waves was simply this ... You made a big deal about
standing waves being a function of sound waves traveling in different
directions in our initial e-change and when it was pointed out to you that your
"cartoon" involved sound waves traveling in the SAME direction and could
therefore Not be a standing wave phenomenonyou've never been able explain how
it was a standing wave phenomenon.

like i said WHO CARES!!
I have explained that two (or more) waves causing nodes and anti nodes were
my defintion of standing wave... The direction of the sound waves were unimportant
as long as the nodes and antinodes are created....
AND WHO CARES!!
THATS BESIDES THE POINT!

The point was you said no difference in bass by moving the woofer...
I have proved that to be incorrect... OK, so you made a mistake!!
You were either using your tiny corvette for testing and/or reading
some strange stuff from the books about lowest modal frequency...
(I think that stuff in some of the books is wrong)...

But I have not seen ANY real tests or data you have collected...
I really wish you would drag out the test gear and we can throw back
and fourth our findings... I think that would be much more of a benifit
to all that are here than just you and I nitpicking on every little detail...

Because of that I was simply wondering how you were able to "teach" the rest of
us about acoustics.

Why not lay off with the stupid questions like that one that have no
value in this conversation and produce some real test data...???

The thread about the standing waves started where you
wrote an article saying the woofer box position in a car
doesnt matter...

And at subwoofer frequencies (below roughly 60 -100 Hz in small cars) it
doesn't.

My graphs say it does....
Lest see your graphs..???

I PROVED IT DOES!!!

I've proved it doesn't and published reports in Car Stereo Review nearly 10
years ago that shows same. I've also replicated your claimed phenomenon and
sent results to interested parties.

I never got your results...??
Why not post them on a web site for all to see like I did..??

And, in regard to the claim that opening the truck INCREASES bass you've never
bothered to explain exactly why dB-Drag Race cars NEVER have open trunks or
hatches.

Last time I checked the rule book said doors, windows and hatches must be closed..
My graphs show a difference...
What do your graphs show..??

Eddie Runner

delvryboy

Nousaine wrote:
[B[And, in regard to the claim that opening the truck INCREASES bas
you've never
bothered to explain exactly why dB-Drag Race cars NEVER have ope
trunks or
hatches. If what you say is true than it would seem easy for thos
guys to
improve performance by opening the truck instead of sealing-up an
reinforcing
the interiors of their cars. Help me out here would you :-?
[ [/b] from a laymans view

when presented with this problem---http://tinyurl.com/yscru

opening the trunk increases spl at the dash

sealing the enclosure baffle from the trunk or a well sealed wal
eliminates this problem all togethe
-
delvrybo
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17818

Eddie Runner

Tom Nosaine says opening the trunk DOES NOT increase
the bass in the car... I proved that it does
http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

delvryboy wrote:

Nousaine wrote:
[B[And, in regard to the claim that opening the truck INCREASES bass
you've never
bothered to explain exactly why dB-Drag Race cars NEVER have open
trunks or
hatches. If what you say is true than it would seem easy for those
guys to
improve performance by opening the truck instead of sealing-up and
reinforcing
the interiors of their cars. Help me out here would you :-?
[ [/b] from a laymans view

when presented with this problem---http://tinyurl.com/yscru

opening the trunk increases spl at the dash

sealing the enclosure baffle from the trunk or a well sealed wall
eliminates this problem all together
--
delvryboy
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=178182

thelizman

Default delvryboy misses the point

delvryboy wrote:

when presented with this problem---http://tinyurl.com/yscru

opening the trunk increases spl at the dash

sealing the enclosure baffle from the trunk or a well sealed wall
eliminates this problem all together

Which would be fine if that is what the discussion was about.
Unfortunately, your half assed web board doesn't know how to cope with
nntp threading, so you completely missed the argument. Either that or
you're illiterate. I'm liable to believe either.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

sancho

Default delvryboy misses the point and annoys

thelizman wrote:

delvryboy wrote:

when presented with this problem---http://tinyurl.com/yscru

Which would be fine if that is what the discussion was about.
Unfortunately, your half assed web board doesn't know how to cope with
nntp threading, so you completely missed the argument. Either that or
you're illiterate. I'm liable to believe either.

and could you ****ers quit tinyurl'ing everything?

the proper link was http://www.installer.com/tech/techpics/fbox.jpg

tinyurl is likely to die before the usenet archives or installer.com do

and if i ever want to search for a particular post with a link in it in
the archives on my news server or elsewhere, i'd rather not be forced to
search through posts containing unrelated tinyurl links instead of being
able to search for something like 'installer.com' or 'techpics'
--
sancho
ShinyAltec

i think the real nuisance is eddie and liz, this guy obviously has more
than enough street cred and definitely knows what he is talking about.

oh, btw: I submitted Eddie Runner's pic to www.uglypeople.com and they
accepted him!! Should be posted very soon.

victory is only one camera click away, lol
--
ShinyAltec
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=178182

delvryboy

ShinyAltec wrote:
*i think the real nuisance is eddie and liz, this guy obviously ha
more than enough street cred and definitely knows what he is talkin
about.

oh, btw: I submitted Eddie Runner's pic to www.uglypeople.com an
they accepted him!! Should be posted very soon.

victory is only one camera click away, lol * you need to quoten the person or thread title for them to make an

sense of your post;
-
delvrybo
CarAudioForum.com - Usenet Gateway w/over one million posts online
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...threadid=17818

thelizman

Default Stop the ****tyAltec

ShinyAltec wrote:
i think the real nuisance is eddie and liz,

You're free to leave anytime.

this guy obviously has more
than enough street cred and definitely knows what he is talking about.

In spite of what you may think, Tom is not like Lee: Kissing his ass
won't get you brownie points.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.

delvryboy

in my findings...which no test equipment is used besides a meter, if there
is cancalation occurring from firing into the cabin, it always dissapates
upon opening the trunk

delvryboy wrote:

Nousaine wrote:
[...]

Eddie Runner

yes thats what I see with lots of test equipment one of the tests
here points it out...http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming2.html

Tom still insists opening the trunk only makes the outside have more bass
I believe Tom reads too much and actually does few tests himself, its
so easy to interprate things wrong....

Eddie Runner...

delvryboy wrote:

Nousaine wrote:
[...]

thelizman

delvryboy wrote:
not even sure how that happened, i typed the entire url in the post

Since every url I've seen from CAF has been tinyurld, my guess would be
that vbb automatically registers the urls there. Yet another annoyance
we have with the CAF RAC Gateway. See if you can get Lee to fix that.

--
thelizman "I didn't steal the FAQ either"

Before you ask a question, check the FAQs for this newsgroup at
http://www.mobileaudio.com/rac-faq. It contains over a decade and
a half of knowledge.

teamROCS Car Audio Forums http://www.teamrocs.com/caraudio/
teamROCS Car Audio News http://www.teamrocs.com/news/
"It's about the music, stupid"

This post is Copyright (C) 2004. Reproduction of its content anywhere
other than usenet without the express written permission of the author
is forbidden.
sancho

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message

I believe Tom reads too much and actually does few tests himself, its
so easy to interprate things wrong....

especially when you've written them, ed...

are you doing the misspelling thing on purpose to prove a point?
--
sancho
ed = amateur cryptographer

Eddie Runner

my fingers are not responding all that well on the darned keyboard
anymore, I think its cause the little keyboard legs broke off the back
and the keyboard doesnt angle the way I am used to it... Plus I never
could spell worth a crap...

sancho wrote:

"Eddie Runner" wrote in message

I believe Tom reads too much and actually does few tests himself, its
so easy to interprate things wrong....

especially when you've written them, ed...

are you doing the misspelling thing on purpose to prove a point?
--
sancho
ed = amateur cryptographer

John Durbin

"accepted"? I would have thought it more likely they nominated him for
supreme leader, on the spot.

JD
Ed's only purty on the inside

ShinyAltec wrote:

i think the real nuisance is eddie and liz, this guy obviously has more
than enough street cred and definitely knows what he is talking about.

oh, btw: I submitted Eddie Runner's pic to www.uglypeople.com and they
accepted him!! Should be posted very soon.

victory is only one camera click away, lol
--
ShinyAltec
View this thread: http://www.caraudioforum.com/showthr...hreadid=178182

sancho