Brendt Montgomery

Default DVD player/LCD screens

Hello,

I am thinking of adding DVD to my car audio system. I had an old eclipse
deck in an old car ('92 explorer) that was the top of the line when it was made
(5504). But, alas, the unused speaker wires on the harness frayed and touched
and now the preouts don't work anymore. I am running one amp (xtant 603x), two
JLW3's and Kicker components up front and Boston Acoustic components in the
rear off zero gauge wiring, everything is powered by the amp. Now that the
deck is history, I was thinking about replacing it with a DVD player. I do not
know much about DVD players for car audio at all, I don't know whether to use
an in-dash DVD player and mount my screen on my dash somewhere or should I put
a DVD player under the seat or something and use a screen that pulls out of the
dash. I would also like to play MP3 CDs with this setup. I would appreciate
an assessment of the most affordable way this could be done, I'm guessing it's
by buying a small LCD screen and mounting it on my dash and buying an outboard
DVD player to put somewhere? I would also appreciate any recommendations in
regard to brands...like you should buy this LCD screen and this DVD/CD/MP3
player.

Please send any suggestions to

Thank you,
Brendt