Posted to rec.audio.high-end
insoc

Default SACD player recommendation

I already have a NAD cd player (521i) with 20bit DAC conversion for
redbook cds and a Panasonic S97 for DVD-Audio. There are some titles in
SACD that I would like to get, thus I need a SACD player. I am very
interested in the Sony SCD-CE595. It is a dedicated SACD player (not a
DVD) and you can get it at $150,oo on sites like amazon.com or
crutchfield. I am not going to spend $1000 on a universal player, so
my question is: should I stick with this Sony player that has gotten
good reviews or get a better SACD player, like a Denon, Marantz, Onkyo
in the $300-500 range? Would I hear a difference? Is it worth it? Thank
you!
Posted to rec.audio.high-end
Harry Lavo

"insoc" wrote in message
I already have a NAD cd player (521i) with 20bit DAC conversion for
redbook cds and a Panasonic S97 for DVD-Audio. There are some titles in
SACD that I would like to get, thus I need a SACD player. I am very
interested in the Sony SCD-CE595. It is a dedicated SACD player (not a
DVD) and you can get it at $150,oo on sites like amazon.com or
crutchfield. I am not going to spend $1000 on a universal player, so
my question is: should I stick with this Sony player that has gotten
good reviews or get a better SACD player, like a Denon, Marantz, Onkyo
in the $300-500 range? Would I hear a difference? Is it worth it? Thank
you!

You might want to consider the Sony XA2000ES. This is also a dedicated SACD
player...a changer in fact..and carries the ES line's 5 year warranty. It
is extrememly transparent. It lacks a bit of smoothness in the mid-range,
but the transparency is so outstanding that overall it is a more satisfying
"they are here", "you are there" experience than my other two older Sony's
(a C775 and a C222ES). It's retail price is in the high $300 range, and it
can be purchased on the internet via eBay for under $300. For it's price, I
don't know of another SACD machine that can come close.

Posted to rec.audio.high-end
DMHenrie

If you are in the market for a universal deck, one that will do DVD-V,
DVD-A, SACD, MP3, JPEG, and also has a carousel that holds 5. I would
recommend the Yamaha 750. Every report I have read rates the audio section,
second to none. And the video rather good too but not great. My only
complaint about it is that because of the carousel, you need a little
patience cause it loads slow. Plus you can get this unit cheap.

"insoc" wrote in message
I already have a NAD cd player (521i) with 20bit DAC conversion for
redbook cds and a Panasonic S97 for DVD-Audio. There are some titles in
SACD that I would like to get, thus I need a SACD player. I am very
interested in the Sony SCD-CE595. It is a dedicated SACD player (not a
DVD) and you can get it at $150,oo on sites like amazon.com or
crutchfield. I am not going to spend $1000 on a universal player, so
my question is: should I stick with this Sony player that has gotten
good reviews or get a better SACD player, like a Denon, Marantz, Onkyo
in the $300-500 range? Would I hear a difference? Is it worth it? Thank
you!

Posted to rec.audio.high-end

I have a Yamaha 750 and it has nearly sworn me off all Yamaha products.
The reason: I have a store bought DVD it will not recognize (Wilco: I
Am Trying to Break Your Heart). This is a 2 dvd set, the first dvd
plays fine, however the second dvd is not recognized by the 750. It
plays just fine in other players.

Also, the 750 doesn't play DVD-audio discs. The audio section does
sound nice, though.