Rich Andrews

Default 3RP1 tube

Does anyone have a reasonably priced source for a 3RP1? The one I have has a
pretty big burn mark on the display and I want to replace it.

TIA

Bob Weiss

Chuck Harris wrote:
Sphere's database says it is a "duodecal" base, which is
10 pins.

"Duodecal" would mean 12 pins. Duo=2 + Decal=10. This is a 12 pin molded
base, with a center locating key.

As opposed to the 12 pin DuodecaR glass button base, better known as a
"compactron".

I think I have a NOS 3RP1 kicking around somewhere. Email if interested.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

Chris Hornbeck

On Fri, 26 Dec 2003 20:12:34 -0000, Rich Andrews
wrote:

Does anyone have a reasonably priced source for a 3RP1? The one I have has a
pretty big burn mark on the display and I want to replace it.

IIRC there were curved-front and flat-front versions made by RCA.
The latter may have an "A" suffix.

Chris Hornbeck
"Somebody spoke and I went into a dream"

Chuck Harris

Bob Weiss wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

Sphere's database says it is a "duodecal" base, which is
10 pins.

"Duodecal" would mean 12 pins. Duo=2 + Decal=10. This is a 12 pin molded
base, with a center locating key.

Hmmm? Even I remember that if I think a second. The Sphere site has a
copy of a list published by RCA that says:

"3RP1 - 3 inch types with good brightness at relatively low voltage. For
general oscillographic use. The 3RP1A has a flat face plate. Small-
Shell duodecal 10-pin base."

So, perhaps the base has room for 12 pins, but only 10 are used?

-Chuck

As opposed to the 12 pin DuodecaR glass button base, better known as a
"compactron".

I think I have a NOS 3RP1 kicking around somewhere. Email if interested.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

John Stewart

See http://frank.pocnet.net/sheets31.html
Everything you ever wanted to know about 3RP1/3RP1A
& many others. Cheers, John Stewartr

Chuck Harris wrote:

Bob Weiss wrote:
Chuck Harris wrote:

Sphere's database says it is a "duodecal" base, which is
10 pins.

"Duodecal" would mean 12 pins. Duo=2 + Decal=10. This is a 12 pin molded
base, with a center locating key.

Hmmm? Even I remember that if I think a second. The Sphere site has a
copy of a list published by RCA that says:

"3RP1 - 3 inch types with good brightness at relatively low voltage. For
general oscillographic use. The 3RP1A has a flat face plate. Small-
Shell duodecal 10-pin base."

So, perhaps the base has room for 12 pins, but only 10 are used?

-Chuck

As opposed to the 12 pin DuodecaR glass button base, better known as a
"compactron".

I think I have a NOS 3RP1 kicking around somewhere. Email if interested.

Bob Weiss N2IXK

Fred

Don't know what "reasonably priced" means exactly, but 3RP1 is listed here at $60. That beats Audio Classics' price of
$180.

http://www.elexs.com/8Alpha.htm

Fred

Bob Weiss

Chuck Harris wrote:

"3RP1 - 3 inch types with good brightness at relatively low voltage. For
general oscillographic use. The 3RP1A has a flat face plate. Small-
Shell duodecal 10-pin base."

So, perhaps the base has room for 12 pins, but only 10 are used?

Yep. The 3RP- base omits pins 5 and 11.

Bob Weiss N2IXK