Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Boon[_2_] Boon[_2_] is offline

Default A speaker to drive Bratzi crazy.

There's a lot of buzz in the audio community about this "modernized"
version of the Dynaco A-25 loudspeaker from Annandale Acoustics. I
know a couple of people who have ordered a pair, and Jeff Dorgay
reviewed a pair and found them to be similar in balance to the Harbeth
Compact 7, saying that they had a "pretty warm sound overall, pleasing
but definitely on the lush side."

The problem with these speakers (other than the fact that they're not
much to look at) is the price. A pair of new A-25s once cost $79, but
these are $2500 a pair! Even taking inflation into account, these
should be well under $1000. But, as the advertisments say, these
speakers will take you places the originals couldn't.

http://annandaleacoustics.com/

I'm still pretty curious. I heard a pair of restored originals about
two years ago, and they weren't half bad even by today's standards.