Jack Dotson

Default Need advise on reciver to check out??

I'm helping a friend put together a nice little HT set-up and need some help
finding him a nice receiver. So far he is getting the new Magnaplanar MMG-W
(wall speaker) for his main and rear speakers (he only wants a 5.1 set-up),
and the new MMG-C center. He has also ordered a SVS 25-30 PCI sub.

He already has a Pioneer DVDP that does SACD and DVDA. He is waiting for to
upgrade his TV and DVDP until the new HDDVDP come out and also the TV's
start getting built in HDTV tuners.

So this leaves us with the receiver to figure out. He really doesn't have
the budget for separates and doesn't need a great deal of power, but needs a
receiver capable of driving a 4 ohm load. I told him to take a look at the
Outlaw, but it appears they've discontinued their receivers.

I also thought about the Arcam receivers (Used),but wasn't sure if they can
deal with a 4 ohm load. Any and all recommendations appreciated. BTW, I
think he wants to stay around $700 if possible. I know this is a chore and
I've told him we would probably have to go used.

Thanks