Posted to rec.audio.car

Default Ford Taurus speakers

Hi all,

I was just wondering where I can possibly find info on what the specs
are for the 97 ford taurus sound system? I wanted to get info about
what brand speakers are used in the car, since i'm planning on possibly
changing all of them. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull

....the brand shouldn't matter if you're replacing them.

If you're still using the stock head unit, though, you might want to
get speakers that don't have that high of a power rating.

~Mister.Lull

Posted to rec.audio.car
Branden Nelsen

For that car you should have:

-Single DIN radio
-Front door speakers should be 5.25"
-Rear deck is 5x7/6x8's

As far as brand, they are more then likly Delco or some other brand factory
paper cone speakers. Any upgrade should improve your quality. I would
suggest Alpine or Pioneer for lower-mid range price. Diamond Audio for
higher end range.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi all,

I was just wondering where I can possibly find info on what the specs
are for the 97 ford taurus sound system? I wanted to get info about
what brand speakers are used in the car, since i'm planning on possibly
changing all of them. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Posted to rec.audio.car
Mister.Lull

If you get speakers that are rated for 150 watts rms, would they still
sound good being powered at 15 watts rms?

~Mister.Lull

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

Any 5x7 or 6x8 speaker should work in your vehicle