Posted to rec.audio.car
Matthew Miller

Default Car Alarm

Ok so i have this problem with my 98 Jeep Sport. I had an alarm installed
in it, by Best Buy. For awhile now my locks are locking and unlocking, by
there self. Someone said that it might be the alarm. anyone know anything
more about this. All help is apperciated.

Thanks

A1C Miller

Posted to rec.audio.car
metal_flowboard

we had a jeep for a while and the the speedo, water gauge, fuel gauge,
rev counter the lot would randomly just drop as we were driving along,
we just gave the dashboard a thump though and woched them spring back up

Posted to rec.audio.car
jlaine

The installation should be covered - take it in as already said
earlier...

--
jlaine
ac0j ac0j is offline
Junior Member

Location: Nebraska

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew Miller
Ok so i have this problem with my 98 Jeep Sport. I had an alarm installed
in it, by Best Buy. For awhile now my locks are locking and unlocking, by
there self. Someone said that it might be the alarm. anyone know anything
more about this. All help is apperciated.

Thanks

A1C Miller

Need more info to be sure but,

If it is locking right before or just after you start the jeep, and if it unlocks right after you shut off the key, this is a normal auto lock feature. That could most likley be programmed off.

next, if you lock it and go inside, come out later and its unlocked. You could have something in you pocket with the remote that is pressing your arm/disarm buttons.

If you get out of the car for some reason and a few minutes later it just locks itself, you may be in passive arming or valet mode.

But if it is randomly locking and unlocking as you drive there is problems with the installation or with the alarm hardware.

acØj

Posted to rec.audio.car
Matthew Miller

Thanks for the help everyone. I took it to Best Buy and they looked at it
and said it wasn't the alarm. Guy said he thought it was a stuck relay.
Said he wasnt sure where they were at but he thinks thats it. Im kind of
thinking that its the switch its self but not sure. thanks again

A1C Miller

"ac0j" wrote in message

Matthew Miller Wrote:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.car
sniper99

The easiest thing to do is to remove the plug from the unit, drive
around for a bit and if it still happens, you KNOW it is not the alarm.

alarm question. Jon Car Audio 2 January 4th 05 07:42 AM
Crimestopper car alarm problem gavnook Car Audio 5 November 6th 04 05:23 AM
Was I LIED to with this ALARM? bigbossfan80 Car Audio 2 April 5th 04 02:52 AM
Alarm problem: Clifford Cyber 3 Joey Car Audio 1 February 1st 04 07:29 AM
The Protector Car Alarm help - please! Nik Car Audio 1 January 12th 04 11:30 AM