sound then no sound

Old December 30th 05, 06:22 PM posted to rec.audio.car

Default sound then no sound

just tried installing a new unit in wifes car got it
working but when i switch the unit on there is no sound
the only way to get it to work is to unplug the iso plug for the
speakers and reconnect it. I've checked the wiring and that seems ok
and its in a fiesta lx 1995 thanks

Old January 1st 06, 06:01 PM posted to rec.audio.car

"e-nigma" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
> Sounds like a speaker wire is grounding out

Sorry, what does 'grounding out' mean? Its not earthed?

Old January 1st 06, 06:04 PM posted to rec.audio.car

"Yozzi" > wrote in message
> "e-nigma" > wrote in message
> news:[email protected]
>> Sounds like a speaker wire is grounding out

> Sorry, what does 'grounding out' mean? Its not earthed?

one of the speaker leads or terminals may be touching metal somewhere.
Sometimes the speaker can go bad where the speaker frame can short to metal

Old January 2nd 06, 07:43 PM posted to rec.audio.car

e-nigma" > wrote in message
news:[email protected]
>> Sorry, what does 'grounding out' mean? Its not earthed?
>>

> one of the speaker leads or terminals may be touching metal somewhere.
> Sometimes the speaker can go bad where the speaker frame can short to
> metal

Thanks for the clarification, I was also wondering ;-)