GP KART

Default Question for Car Stereo Experts!

Hi,
I have a question for you all that have experience in Ford stock radios.
Ok... I have1999 Ford Van (E450) that has a stock AM/FM Cassette deck. I know I
can find a AM/FM/CD Cassette deck on eBay or somewhere, and install it with the
stock wiring harness plug. Here is my question. Can I install the upgraded Ford
Mach AM/FM/Cassette deck into my Van? I'm hoping it will have more power and I
can hook up two more speakers and a Sub to it also. I'm not looking for a
killer sound system... just trying to bump it up a little and keep the stock
look for security purposes.

TIA

Roger

KaeZoo

Nope. The Mach system involves more than the deck. It (and other Ford
premium systems) also include separate amplifiers mounted elsewhere in the
vehicle. Since the Mach head unit is designed to feed a signal to an
amplifier, rather than run speakers itself, it would likely do a much worse
job than the stock deck in your van.

"GP KART" wrote in message
Hi,
I have a question for you all that have experience in Ford stock radios.
Ok... I have1999 Ford Van (E450) that has a stock AM/FM Cassette deck. I

know I
can find a AM/FM/CD Cassette deck on eBay or somewhere, and install it

with the
stock wiring harness plug. Here is my question. Can I install the upgraded

Ford
Mach AM/FM/Cassette deck into my Van? I'm hoping it will have more power

and I
can hook up two more speakers and a Sub to it also. I'm not looking for a
killer sound system... just trying to bump it up a little and keep the

stock
look for security purposes.

TIA

Roger

EFFENDI

"GP KART" wrote in message

Hi,
I have a question for you all that have experience in Ford stock radios.
Ok... I have1999 Ford Van (E450) that has a stock AM/FM Cassette deck. I

know I

can find a AM/FM/CD Cassette deck on eBay or somewhere, and install it

with the

stock wiring harness plug. Here is my question. Can I install the upgraded

Ford

Mach AM/FM/Cassette deck into my Van? I'm hoping it will have more power

and I

can hook up two more speakers and a Sub to it also. I'm not looking for a
killer sound system... just trying to bump it up a little and keep the

stock

look for security purposes.

TIA

Roger

Additionally if you are planning on adding more speakers and a sub, deck
power is definitely not going to be enough. Most headunits cant even put
out more than 20-25 watts RMS per channel. I think it is time that you
saved a little money and invest in some amplifiers, you can still keep
your factory deck though. Wire through an LOC (Line Output Convertor) to
the amps and run power and speaker wires and your good to go. In my
opinion the price you would pay for the upgraded Ford factory system
would probably end up costing you are around the same amount of money.
Car audio is really cheap these days and using eBay (wisely) can save
you a lot of money. Good Luck
GP KART

Thanks for the info guys! newsgroups rule!

Roger