magicianstalk

Default RCA out and Speaker Question in 2004 Ranger Edge Question

Hey all,

I just bought a new 2004 Ranger Edge Pro edition. It comes with
an "mp3/cd player, head unit amplifier, and strategically placed
speakers"

Now, my first question, what's the difference inthe speaker placement
from a 2001 ranger xlt (which is what i am trading in for the new
one?) Are they ceiling mounted or something? Also, does the 2001 xlt
have a head-unit amp as well, and they are just now advertising it
more? or is this something new?

Also, i had an amp and a sub in my last ranger, since there were no
rca outs in the radio, i bought a rca adapter that i tapped into the
rar speakers for the rca hookups -- this worked suprisingly nice.
will i have to do this again, or does the new radio have rca outs in
the rear somehow? you can reach me at

I appreciate your time,