Strutter

Default Technics SL1210 M3D turntable problem...

I am a DJ who uses two 1210 M3D decks. One of these decks appears to have a
problem with regard to the left and right audio channel volume. The right
channel output is approx 2-4 decibels quieter than the left (Through my
mixer)

I've tried various records on both decks and the 'pukka' deck has equal left
and right channel volume throughout. I've swapped over the needle cartridges
from one deck to another, same problem. Tried moving the audio leads to
output by another channel on my mixer, again the same.

I cleaned the contacts on the tonearm, where the headshell connects with
some lighter fluid (petrol), which seemed to fix the problem yesterday, but
now the problem is back and a second and third cleanse have failed to help.

I bit the bullet and removed the rubber base today to have a look at the
audio lead connections, all appear fine, too frightened to delve further and
risk damage!

The turntable is almost a year old, and I dread to think how much hassle it
will be to go via Technics technical support. NO WAY is my deck going via a
courier to someone to get it fixed!

I've tried everything obvious any other suggestions?

Many thanks

Strutter

Mark D. Zacharias

Maybe a problem with the mixer? Maybe a switch or control is bad. I don't
believe you said if you swapped the tables around.
I was going to suggest the cartridge, but you said you swapped them already.

Mark Z.