King George

Default Component Speakers vs. Coaxial

Goodday all!

I have been in the car stereo buying group as of late, and I currently
own a Chevy Malibu (unfortunetly nicknamed the mom mobile by my
friends). I am looking to replace the stock speakers and I have been
wondering if any of you know if it would make more sense to just
replace the factory speakers, or to go all out and get component
speakers with seperate mids and highs.

If i went with component sets, should I have them professionally
installed, or is it fairly simple to do with limited tools?

Has anyone noticed a sound quality difference between the two? I
mostly listen to punk music, so I'd like to have the music fairly
clear. Thanks
Supernoma

I'd go for the components, the mid's could go in the doors no problem but
you will have to do a little customizing for the tweeters.

2002 GMC Sonoma ZQ8 SLS Step-Side Extended Cab - 4.3L Vortec / 4L60E

http://www.sounddomain.com/id/sl4ck3r

Is sex dirty? Only if it's done right.
-Woody Allen
"King George" wrote in message
om...
Goodday all!

I have been in the car stereo buying group as of late, and I currently
own a Chevy Malibu (unfortunetly nicknamed the mom mobile by my
friends). I am looking to replace the stock speakers and I have been
wondering if any of you know if it would make more sense to just
replace the factory speakers, or to go all out and get component
speakers with seperate mids and highs.

If i went with component sets, should I have them professionally
installed, or is it fairly simple to do with limited tools?

Has anyone noticed a sound quality difference between the two? I
mostly listen to punk music, so I'd like to have the music fairly
clear. Thanks

Tha Ghee

"King George" wrote in message
om...
Goodday all!

I have been in the car stereo buying group as of late, and I currently
own a Chevy Malibu (unfortunetly nicknamed the mom mobile by my
friends). I am looking to replace the stock speakers and I have been
wondering if any of you know if it would make more sense to just
replace the factory speakers, or to go all out and get component
speakers with seperate mids and highs.

If i went with component sets, should I have them professionally
installed, or is it fairly simple to do with limited tools?

Has anyone noticed a sound quality difference between the two? I
mostly listen to punk music, so I'd like to have the music fairly
clear. Thanks

if installed properly they sound about the same, if they are in the same
price class.