Default Sirius Audiovox FM Not Functional In DFW Market

Buyers Bewa before purchasing an Audiovox car unit, listen to
someone else's IN YOUR DRIVING AREA.

I attempted to use my wife's new unit on all of the selectable FM
frequencies last night, driving across the top of the DFW metro area,
and experienced awful sound quality and frequency interference ON ALL
AVAILABE FREQUENCIES.

Westbound on the west side of Fort Worth, I gave up and turned on the
conventional FM radio, which provided much better sound. Twenty miles
west of Fort Worth, I again tried Sirius, and found that the 88.5
setting worked with only slightly less quality than regular FM's
reception of the major DFW stations.

Like cellular companies, satellite radio folks will paint a rosey
picture to lure prospective buyers. Similarly, some buyers will be
dismayed to find certain products cannot be used at their particular
location.

I suspect daytime reception is different, and this problem only
applies to FM moduator units.

Andy Shane

ANDY'S HANGAR http://ndshane.home.texas.net