scredsfan

Default KLH Receiver Question: 8-ohm receiver, 4-ohm subwoofer?

I have a KLH R5100 Receiver. The manual says to only use 8-ohm
speakers, but I have a 4-ohm JBL Pro Performer series subwoofer (note
- it is an older, non-powered subwoofer). What would happen if I
connected the subwoofer to the receiver?

Also, is there any KLH support on the internet? I can't find anything,
even at the KLH website. Are they still in the receiver business?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Mark D. Zacharias

a.. Company KLH Audio Systems
a.. Address 11131 Dora Street Sun Valley, CA 91352
a.. Telephone 818-767-2843
a.. Fax 818-767-8246

http://www.klhaudio.com/

Most KLH amp products, like the slim-line home theater systems, have pretty
wimpy amps. Maybe best to stick with 8 ohms. I wouldn't normally worry too
much about it, but that's me. I'm a technician, I run things within their
limitations, and if it breaks I can generally fix it myself. The worst would
be if the power transformer went out. Doubtful KLH even stocks the part.

Mark Z.

"scredsfan" wrote in message
om...
I have a KLH R5100 Receiver. The manual says to only use 8-ohm
speakers, but I have a 4-ohm JBL Pro Performer series subwoofer (note
- it is an older, non-powered subwoofer). What would happen if I
connected the subwoofer to the receiver?

Also, is there any KLH support on the internet? I can't find anything,
even at the KLH website. Are they still in the receiver business?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Dimitrios Tzortzakakis

The answer is simple.BOOM.

--