afh3

Default Bi-wiring - Hogwash?

Oh don't I hear you. In college I once saw a kid drop down to his knees and
start sobbing as the person in front of him using the card reader (standard
issue of course for computer science class back then) turned around more
quickly than he was ready for and caused the several-hundred-card deck in
his hands to fly out if his grasp and flutter to the floor like so much
confetti -- apparently just hours before the project was due.

I remember trying to help him pick them up, and he just kept sobbing "No,
no, go away, I can do it, I can do it."

God I felt sorry for him.

"Bruce" wrote in message
Wow, what a great trip down memory lane. Brings back memories of the room
full of ADM-3s running a whopping 110 baud on the college campus I went to
that could access the mainframe there, although the main input was still
punch cards. That was in the late 70s. We sure have come a long way.

Dick Pierce

"afh3" wrote in message news:sCk2c.127102$4o.165856@attbi_s52...
Oh don't I hear you. In college I once saw a kid drop down to his knees and
start sobbing as the person in front of him using the card reader (standard
issue of course for computer science class back then) turned around more
quickly than he was ready for and caused the several-hundred-card deck in
his hands to fly out if his grasp and flutter to the floor like so much
confetti -- apparently just hours before the project was due.

I remember trying to help him pick them up, and he just kept sobbing "No,
no, go away, I can do it, I can do it."

That's why sopme of us (specifically, those in line BEHIND the
person this happened to) made sure every card in the deck had
a sequence number on it, so you could simply dump the cards in
any order in the reader and punch a brand new sequence properly
sorted.

It was the first "big" program I wrote. Dropped a couple of decks
after that, and never had to resort a one by hand.

afh3

I do recall having sequence numbers on my old FORTRAN decks, next to the
code statement , but I don't recall if it could be used to sort the code
before compilation on the systems we were using without something like you
wrote. I just seem to remember it was a bad thing if they got out of order.

Too long and too many Pink Floyd concerts ago.

-afh3

"Dick Pierce" wrote in message
om...
"afh3" wrote in message

[...]

unitron

"Engineer" wrote in message ...
"Bob Saccamano" wrote in message
I have a pair of speakers that support bi-wiring and bi-amping. I

only have
one aplifier. Will I appreciate any improvements in sound by

bi-wiring
alone?

No. Draw out the equivalent circuit, add the known wiring series and
shunt impedances, do the signal analysis and it will be obvious.

Cheers,

Roger

One rather suspects that if the original poster had the knowledge
necessary to perform the above mentioned analysis the original poster
would not have felt the need to ask others the question in the first
place.