Posted to rec.audio.pro
Gerry Gerry is offline

Default Would My Audiolab 800s amp drive monitors?

For my recording setup, I've managed to get to the stage where I'm
quite happy with with my inbound signal chain (Schoeps cmc541 mics -
Great River MP-2 preamp - LynxOne soundcard) and I'd like to start
looking at my outbound chain.

I've been using my hifi which consists of an Audiolab 8000s
integrated amplifier (http://www.audiolab.co.uk/model.php?id=1) and
Mission 251 speakers.

Specs for the amplifer a
Rated output power 60 W per channel into rated load impedance (8?),
95 W
Typical output power 72 W per channel into rated load impedance (8?),
Preamplifier input impedance 20 k? nominal
Preamplifier maximum output Greater than 7.76 V rms
Power amplifier input impedance 47 k? nominal
Frequency response (-3 dB) 1 Hz - 65 kHz
Frequency response (±0.5dB) 20 Hz - 20 kHz
Channel separation Greater than 60 dB at 1 kHz
Crosstalk rejection Greater than 80 dB at 1 kHz
Operating temperature range 10 - 35șC
Power consumption Less than 300 W Idle/Power
Dimensions (WxHxD - mm) 445 x 74 x 335

I was thinking of getting the monitors first I'm quite keen on the
Dynaudio BM5) and so was wondering if this amp would be able to drive
them. Would going for a pair of active monitors with a small mixer be
a better bet?

Many Thanks in Advance,
Gerry Nelson

Is my power amplifier good to drive reference monitors? newdark Pro Audio 13 October 10th 06 03:36 PM
Noisy Audiolab 8000S s11449 High End Audio 1 May 23rd 05 12:04 AM
Audiolab 8000A Jay High End Audio 1 February 27th 05 04:58 PM
Audiolab 8000a ken Audio Opinions 7 August 8th 03 03:15 AM
FS: Audiolab 8000S integrated Paul Hanley Car Audio 0 July 30th 03 04:25 PM