Posted to rec.audio.pro
Buzz[_2_] Buzz[_2_] is offline

Default Need Mic Repair Near Boston

Major calamity: dropped my U-87 AND my 414 today.

Who's a good repair guy in Southeastern MA, South Shore Boston?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Buzz wrote:
Major calamity: dropped my U-87 AND my 414 today.

Who's a good repair guy in Southeastern MA, South Shore Boston?

I'd try Mercenary. You might find, though, that factory service on the
U-87 is pretty cheap. AKG service has fallen apart since they closed the
Nashville facility, though.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Mike Rivers Mike Rivers is offline

On Mar 10, 12:58 am, david correia wrote:

I don't think Mercenary is doing much of that anymore. I'd send the mics
back for factory service.

Fletcher knows everyone in the industry, however, and can tell you if
there's anyone in the area to whom you can trust your mics. But there
are few enough good independent mic repairers (and they're all swamped
so they're slooooooooow) so that it's probably best to send the mics
to the official factory repair station.

I suspect that Buzz (the original poster) either wants a local shop
for fast service or because he doesn't trust shipment.