AE

Default Did I do a good purchase?

Hi the
I'm kind of new to audio systems, I don't know what setup is a correct
one, I dont know anything about speakers, amplifiers or else...

I got a couple of used components:

Amplifier: Harman/Kardon AVR 25II
EQ: Sherwood Digiline III EQ-3050C
CD Player: Pioneer CDFile 301-Disc PD-F1007
Dual Cassette Deck: Kenwood KX-W8050

I spent a little less than $300USD, was it a good deal? I don't know if
this are very old models or what.

I don't have any speakers for those, how should I look for them? what
kind of specs do I need?

I see that the amp says 8 Ohms min speakers...
I found in an old stereo that I have 2 4Ohm speakers, what would
happen if I use those at low volume? will the crack?

can anyone give me some reference or something about which specs are
important on each component and how should they be combined?

thanks in advance.

Harry Lavo

"AE" wrote in message
Hi the
I'm kind of new to audio systems, I don't know what setup is a correct
one, I dont know anything about speakers, amplifiers or else...

I got a couple of used components:

Amplifier: Harman/Kardon AVR 25II
EQ: Sherwood Digiline III EQ-3050C
CD Player: Pioneer CDFile 301-Disc PD-F1007
Dual Cassette Deck: Kenwood KX-W8050

I spent a little less than $300USD, was it a good deal? I don't know if
this are very old models or what.

I don't have any speakers for those, how should I look for them? what
kind of specs do I need?

I see that the amp says 8 Ohms min speakers...
I found in an old stereo that I have 2 4Ohm speakers, what would
happen if I use those at low volume? will the crack?

can anyone give me some reference or something about which specs are
important on each component and how should they be combined?

The equipment, if working properly, is all decent mass-produced audio gear.
Hookup should be straightforward.

I bought a H/K AVR 25 for my son years ago...he has used it with several
different sets of Polk and Klipsch floor-standing speakers with no problem.
Usually, H/K receivers are better than most at driving four ohm loads. I
wouldn't expect you would have problems driving your speakers with them at
low volumes.