jeffontheleft

Default Is this AT 4050 on eBay a scam?

I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

engnr

jeffontheleft wrote:

I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Looks like the real deal to me. If you have doubt just email the three
people who bought one in this auction.

me
Predrag Trpkov

"jeffontheleft" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?

&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

The ability to recognize a great deal?

20 available, power seller with 99.9% positive feedback.

I want one.

Predrag

Jonny Durango

jeffontheleft wrote:
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Can anyone comment about how these compare to the 4060? Thx!

Jonny Durango
Animix

Well, to begin with, the 4050 is multipattern solid state. The 4060 is
cardioid only tube. The 4050 is more versatile by virtue of it's
multipattern capabilities. If you've got a decent sound source and preamp,
both mics sound very good, but different from each other.

You probably need a matched pair of each.

;oD

"Jonny Durango" wrote in message
jeffontheleft wrote:
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?

&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Can anyone comment about how these compare to the 4060? Thx!

Jonny Durango

steve

jeffontheleft wrote:

I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I've seen B stock for about the same
Geoff Wood

"jeffontheleft" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

I think you'll find that would be pretty much equivalent across all mics on
Ebay, or 'street' price. Does anybody charge/pay MRSP these days ?

geoff

Predrag Trpkov

"Geoff Wood" wrote in message

"jeffontheleft" wrote in message
oups.com...
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?

&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

I think you'll find that would be pretty much equivalent across all mics

on
Ebay, or 'street' price. Does anybody charge/pay MRSP these days ?

geoff

$400 is around half of what the AT 4050 costs in Europe.

Predrag

Ty Ford

On Sat, 18 Jun 2005 14:46:56 -0400, Jonny Durango wrote
(in article ):

jeffontheleft wrote:
I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

Can anyone comment about how these compare to the 4060? Thx!

Jonny Durango

Go to my site and read the reviews.

Ty Ford

stuff are at www.tyford.com

Great stuff Ty, thanks. I think I stumbled on these reviews a long time
ago when I was drooling over the 4060....I'd still love to have one to
replace my Groove Tubes GT66 but just can't afford one now. Thanks again!

Jonny Durango
Geoff Wood

"Predrag Trpkov" wrote in message

$400 is around half of what the AT 4050 costs in Europe.

I bought a C414B-XLS from B+H for less shipped and taxed than the
distributors here in NZ pay for them direct from AKG !

geoff

RD Jones

jeffontheleft wrote:

I can't figure out why this supposedly new AT 4050 is $200 less than
MSRP. What am I missing here?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

The listing shows the CM5 version which according to
the AT site is a discontinued model.
FWIW I think the CM5 is the better mic so this
may be one of those 'sleeper' deals.

Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 26 December 5th 04 10:07 PM
Ebay scam or legit? Mikey Pro Audio 0 December 3rd 04 05:08 PM
WARNING- EBAY API CONSOLE SCAM MHLINE Pro Audio 4 December 22nd 03 06:08 AM
WARNING- ebay scam API console MHLINE Pro Audio 0 December 20th 03 12:48 AM
Yet another eBay scam? Stolen ID? Chris Coleman Pro Audio 6 September 9th 03 07:59 PM