Posted to rec.audio.pro

Default Batch Windows Utility for Changing Audio Tempo, Music Key, andPlayback Rate

On 22/12/2018 02:07, Trevor wrote:
correct one, albeit unsatisfactory".

There is always another course of action, ie not to bother wasting time
on ****! So much good stuff you could listen to instead, but won't have
time because you wasted it on crap. :-(

That brings us back to a very old argument about what matters more,
content or quality?

These may well be the last surviving copies of some very important
recordings. At the worst, these videos may keep these songs alive for a
new audience, one or more of whom may end up re-recording one or more of
them for posterity (And cash, of course.) Or they may be used as
material related to an academic study, as recordings of folk songs made
using a cheap cassette recorder out in the wilds often were.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 22/12/2018 00:28, geoff wrote:

but that website link is not working here.. should i try some free VPN
if the website link gets open on your pc? Have you checked the link?
plz inform.

Works here. Where are you - maybe your government has blocked the
website/region/keywords/whatever where it came from.

I'm in the UK, the site is in Russian, using the Cyrillic alphabet, and
the page I get translates as saying, in effect "This is a placeholder,
as the site is not available due to the owner not paying their rent",
with contact details for the service provider in a number of locations

If you can get in to the actual site, could you grab the home page for
us? Thanks in advance. I may end up having a use for such a program at
some point.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] hassan.bukhari@gmail.com is offline

On Sunday, 23 December 2018 01:33:15 UTC+5, Phil W wrote:
:

Yes exactly thats i would have done on a professional level. But now i
have to play with whats provided to me.

. mp4 made of a shaky cellphone camera .. however with the courtesy of
friend here i have managed to get them as mp3 with correct speed. Next am
focusing on FFMPEG to batch convert them to mp4 with just one still pic..
getting close to it now :-) Thanx

Just a totally crazy idea:
if whatever person records with a smartphone - why not simply use a
different app for audio recording instead of making bigger files, that take
longer to send?

Tell that person to try "Audio Recorder" for Android - itĀ“s free and open
source and pretty simple to use. Whoever can use a video recording app, will
be able to use "Audio Recorder" just as well!

At least, it would save you one step of work, since you would not need to
extract audio from mp4 files - with over 600 files, thatĀ“s a good amount of
time

You are very right but he had to show me the index of songs which he had manually written on cassette covers so he had to film it in video. Song wording, singer, lyricist & composer names. Now dont say plz that he coud have taken pics of cassettes and sent separately :-) Hes an old man and fled from school education when he was just 10 years old.. being film n music fan he used to wander film studios across various cities of india ..spending all of his daily earning on buying records.. not in touch with modern tech at all. took one week to learn whatsapp :-) so it was really his kindness to send those rare items .. had i asked him to adapt some other techniques or software or apps he might not have even sent these :-) These collectors are very sensitive and have to be handled very carefully.. As regards problem for me to convert these mp3 now i took a logical advice given here by someone to seek solution in a video forum and am happy to share with you the i found a VIDEOHELP forum where some kind persons like you really helped me learn a few commands of FFmpeg and provided various short scripts to resolve this issue within 72 hours..and hopefully i'll be starting uploading on youtube in January 2019 :-) Thanx again for caring. Happy Xmas to all celebrating (Y) Stay blessed.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

On 22/12/2018 2:12 pm, John Williamson wrote:
On 22/12/2018 02:07, Trevor wrote:
Ā*correct one, albeit unsatisfactory".

There is always another course of action, ie not to bother wasting
time on ****! So much good stuff you could listen to instead, but
won't have time because you wasted it on crap. :-(

That brings us back to a very old argument about what matters more,
content or quality?

These may well be the last surviving copies of some very important
recordings. At the worst, these videos may keep these songs alive for a
new audience, one or more of whom may end up re-recording one or more of
them for posterity (And cash, of course.) Or they may be used as
material related to an academic study, as recordings of folk songs made
using a cheap cassette recorder out in the wilds often were.

Yep, and like them I'm happy to do it when somebody is paying me for it!
I'd first look for the original disks though.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Trevor wrote: "
Yep, and like them I'm happy to do it when somebody is paying me for it!
I'd first look for the original disks though. "

Of course. My cassette suggestion was merely
a plan-C.
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

wrote:

sorry to interrupt.. just curious to know why am i getting email notificati=
ons on each message posted here. since am not on usenet but getting this fr=
om google group under a thread name "Batch Windows Utility for Changing Aud=
io Tempo, Music Key, and Playback Rate" OR is it so that you people are com=
menting about other issues in this thread ??? just curious.. no offence plz=
.

You have subscribed to the google group and requested email notification of
posts. I don't really know how this works, but apparently it is a thing you
can turn on and off within the google groups interface.

Occasionally we get posts here from people who have turned it on and can't
figure out how to turn it off, so if you do figure it out, please post here
and let us know.

Most folks here are not reading the group through google and don't really
know how the google interface works.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

On 12/23/18 5:32 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
wrote:

sorry to interrupt.. just curious to know why am i getting email notificati=
ons on each message posted here.

You have subscribed to the google group and requested email notification of
posts.

This reminds me of an old SNL skit where Akroyd is the US President and
is fielding phone calls: "Timmy, you're a creature on this planet and you've
done a heavy drug".

Posted to rec.audio.pro
sTeeVee sTeeVee is offline

On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:39:04 AM UTC-5, Valerian Kadyshev wrote:
Hi, audio professionals!

I'm here to tell you about my software.

Audio Speed Changer Pro lets you to speed up audio files without
changing the pitch. It is primarily intended for accelerating audio
books as well as podcasts, but can be surely used with any other sound
track or file. Batch processing feature and convenient user interface
make Audio Speed Changer Pro a valuable tool for book listeners and
authors who want to save time.

With the help of this program you can tune the different tempo, pitch
and even the playback rate for separate files in the list. You may use
it also for transcoding audio - configurable output to MP3, OGG,
PCM/WAV and AAC/MP4 file formats is supported. Converted audio will be
available for speed-listening on your PC, Smartphone, iPod and any
portable MP3 player.

Extra options include tag editing, downmixing to mono option, and the
ability to normalize volume. Audio Speed Changer Pro supports
drag-and-drop and can be integrated into the Windows Explorer shell for
quick access to its major functions.

Download now, at:
http://www.superutils.com/dloads/aud...-pro-setup.exe

More information at:
http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

Your questions, suggestions, and comments on this are highly welcome.

--
Kind regards, Valerian Kadyshev
Senior Developer

Nothing in english?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 28/12/2018 13:53, sTeeVee wrote:
On Tuesday, February 22, 2011 at 11:39:04 AM UTC-5, Valerian Kadyshev wrote:
Hi, audio professionals!
Download now, at:
http://www.superutils.com/dloads/aud...-pro-setup.exe

More information at:
http://www.superutils.com/products/a...d-changer-pro/

Nothing in english?

https://web.archive.org/web/20171005...uperutils.com/

Is the latest version of the home page that I can find.

All the links in the post you are replying to lead to a holding page
saying (In Russian) that the website is not available as the hosting
agreement has expired. The phone numbers are for the hosting company.

Older versions of the site are available on the Wayback machine. The
download link for the 2017 version, which I have checked to be a valid
link, is he-

https://web.archive.org/web/20160819...-pro-setup.exe

The Wayback machine is well worth supporting, and a couple of dollars
goes a short way towards paying their bandwidth and hard drive bills.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.