Posted to rec.audio.tech
[email protected] audioinstaller2004@gmail.com is offline

Default Advent AV570 powered speakers...

On Wednesday, January 8, 2003 9:05:51 PM UTC-6, Douche Bag wrote:
I recently purchased a pair of Advent AV570 powered speakers from
Wal-Mart to use as auxilary speakers attached to my Sanyo DS27880 TV.
I am not savvy in this field, but I did do the necessary research
before buying these speakers and thought that I had all the bases
covered. Turns out I was wrong.

The RCA (red/white) audio output on the back of my TV (this is where I
originally thought I may have a problem) readily accepts the two
red/white jacks that are at one end of the cord that came with the
speakers. But what's got me baffled is... at the opposite end where
the red/white RCA jacks are, resides a single jack similar to a
headphone jack that is supposed to plug into the back of either one of
the powered speakers. Well... it's never going to happen. Would you
believe that the damn jack is one micrometer too big to plug into
either speaker?... and this is the actual cord that came with the
speakers.

Should I haul the speakers and cord up to RadioShack to verify that
I'm not a total idiot? Does/would RadioShack set them up and test them
for me on the premises and help me find the proper cord?

NO, they wont, but I tell ya what, I'll just be nice an take them off your hands!

Powered Speakers versus Powered Mixers [email protected] Pro Audio 9 February 23rd 06 03:09 PM
fa advent speakers hydebee Marketplace 0 August 12th 05 05:31 PM
Advent speakers The Gonz Marketplace 0 July 6th 04 11:49 PM
Advent speakers The Gonz Marketplace 0 July 6th 04 11:49 PM
SINGLE Large ADVENT & New Large ADVENT Speakers Ken Drescher Marketplace 0 September 8th 03 01:19 AM