Posted to rec.audio.pro
Tobiah Tobiah is offline

Default Chance to buy some powered monitors. Opinions on these?

As always, I only want transparency, low noise, and enough power
for casual mixing in a small room.

http://tinyurl.com/6p5sqbr

I have a chance to buy a pair for $275 used,
from 'smoke free' blah blah unknown party.

Suggestions?

Thanks,

Tobiah
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Tobiah wrote:
As always, I only want transparency, low noise, and enough power
for casual mixing in a small room.

http://tinyurl.com/6p5sqbr

I have a chance to buy a pair for $275 used,
from 'smoke free' blah blah unknown party.

Suggestions?

Well, you could tell us what kind they are. I don't have web access
and I suspect a lot of other people aren't going to bother cutting and
pasting to see what page you're citing.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Scott Dorsey wrote:

Tobiah wrote:

As always, I only want transparency, low noise, and enough power
for casual mixing in a small room.

http://tinyurl.com/6p5sqbr

I have a chance to buy a pair for $275 used,
from 'smoke free' blah blah unknown party.

Suggestions?

Well, you could tell us what kind they are. I don't have web access
and I suspect a lot of other people aren't going to bother cutting and
pasting to see what page you're citing.

Small active yammies, I don't like the look of the treble unit (a la the one
in Control 1) but look and actual sound are different concepts, specs make
sense and suggest a design that tries to match the marketing departments
quality claims.

--scott

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
haligonab haligonab is offline

On 11 Nov 2011 22:56:25 -0500, (Scott Dorsey) wrote:

Tobiah wrote:
As always, I only want transparency, low noise, and enough power
for casual mixing in a small room.

http://tinyurl.com/6p5sqbr

I have a chance to buy a pair for $275 used,
from 'smoke free' blah blah unknown party.

Suggestions?

Well, you could tell us what kind they are. I don't have web access
and I suspect a lot of other people aren't going to bother cutting and
pasting to see what page you're citing.
--scott

The liknk he provided led to the Yamaha MSP5. I have no experience
with them.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

haligonab wrote:

The liknk he provided led to the Yamaha MSP5. I have no experience
with them.

They came out a little before the NS-10s were discontinued. Some people
hated them because they sounded too much like the NS-10s. Other people
hated them because they didn't sound enough like the NS-10s. Go figure.