Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] thomasedwardpegg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Quick Cubase plug-ins question

Hello,

I'm new to Cubase (SX, V2.0), but I'm trying to get to grips with it
and
struggling a little. One thing that's bugging me:

I've heard that you can set up a drum loop (import it as a wav file,
for example), add an effect
and then record yourself 'jamming' with the effect in real time, so
that you
can get several minutes of a variously processed loop to then edit and
re-use.
The only thing is, I can't work out how to do it, and it's driving me
mad.

I've set up my loop, I've added an effect to it, but I can't work out
how to actually record the effect while I manipulate the settings on
the plug-in.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tom.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Deputy Dumbya Dawg Deputy Dumbya Dawg is offline

Did you put the effects plug ins on the input channel
strip? If you want to hear it while you play (with
latency---delay) it needs to be inserted there. Then
the effect will also be recorded.

peace
dawg
wrote in message
oups.com...
: Hello,
:
[...]

Posted to rec.audio.pro
philicorda philicorda is offline

On Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:07:24 -0800, thomasedwardpegg wrote:

Hello,

I'm new to Cubase (SX, V2.0), but I'm trying to get to grips with it
and
struggling a little. One thing that's bugging me:

I've heard that you can set up a drum loop (import it as a wav file,
for example), add an effect
and then record yourself 'jamming' with the effect in real time, so
that you
can get several minutes of a variously processed loop to then edit and
re-use.
The only thing is, I can't work out how to do it, and it's driving me
mad.

I've set up my loop, I've added an effect to it, but I can't work out
how to actually record the effect while I manipulate the settings on
the plug-in.

Repeat the drum loop 100 times or so.
Put all the automation on the effects you are using into write.
Play with the settings on the effects.
Put all automation into read.
Do a mixdown bounce into a new track.

Or...

Route your soundcard's outputs to its inputs, using either the soundcard's
mixer or an analog one.
Create a new track to record into.
Hit record.
Play with effects.

Please help!

Thanks,

Tom.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] thomasedwardpegg@yahoo.co.uk is offline

That's brilliant, thanks. I've tried it and it works. I knew it was
something simple, I just couldn't get my head around it for some
reason. Thanks again.