Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Michael Wozniak Michael  Wozniak is offline

Default Gtr transmitter for Wireless mic, or?

I have a Crown CM311 A/E headset mic designed for wireless use. It
terminates in 3 bare wires. I don't have the transmitter for it. I do have
an old Nady 49R gtr transmitter/receiver (1/4" plug). Would it be possible
to rig it to work with the crown? Or, could the crown be used hard-wired? Or
am I just ****ing up a rope?

--
Mikey Wozniak
Nova Music Productions

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Michael Wozniak wrote:
I have a Crown CM311 A/E headset mic designed for wireless use. It
terminates in 3 bare wires. I don't have the transmitter for it. I do have
an old Nady 49R gtr transmitter/receiver (1/4" plug). Would it be possible
to rig it to work with the crown? Or, could the crown be used hard-wired? Or
am I just ****ing up a rope?

The CM311 is really just an electret capsule with no other electronics. It
can go into a wireless pack that is intended for an electret mike and
provides power for the FET inside the capsule. It cannot go into a high-Z
guitar transmitter without modifying the transmitter to provide power,
which frankly isn't worth the trouble for a Nady product.

The Crown can be used hardwired with some additional electronics added.
Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
jeff wald jeff wald is offline

I too have the Crown 311, but mine is hardwired. I would like to find
a wireless adapter. AKG made the SO 40 a few years ago, but that is
discontinued. I'm not sure how good it worked anyway. Is there a combo
out there now that would work with the 311? Thanks.

--
Jeff Wald
" I can handle things, I'm smart - not like everybody says - not dumb,
"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Michael Wozniak wrote:
[...]

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro

sn article , jeff wald wrote:
I too have the Crown 311, but mine is hardwired. I would like to find
a wireless adapter. AKG made the SO 40 a few years ago, but that is
discontinued. I'm not sure how good it worked anyway. Is there a combo
out there now that would work with the 311? Thanks.

There is no adaptor. Chop the cord off, and put whatever connector your
wireless pack uses on it. The only "adaptor" is the electronics used to
give you a standard XLR output. What that removed it should work with a
wireless pack that provides DC offset for the capsule.

OR, call up the original poster and trade your 311 for his....

Posted to alt.audio.pro.live-sound,rec.audio.pro
jeff wald jeff wald is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
sn article , jeff wald
wrote:
I too have the Crown 311, but mine is hardwired. I would like to
find
a wireless adapter. AKG made the SO 40 a few years ago, but that is
discontinued. I'm not sure how good it worked anyway. Is there a
combo
out there now that would work with the 311? Thanks.

OR, call up the original poster and trade your 311 for his....
--scott

Damn, why didn't I think of that. Thanks. : )