sancho

Default vocal remover?

I have a little pc studio,I play guitar/base, my little girl 10 years old is
our singer(lol) she is very good, my oldest son(15) is the drumer and my
wife in the piano.
I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs or wav's, so my
doughter can practice without listening the vocal, I downloaded one call
Analogx, but I can hear the vocal after applying the filter under winamp.
thanks.

Thomas Bishop

"sancho" wrote in message ...
I have a little pc studio,I play guitar/base, my little girl 10 years old
is
our singer(lol) she is very good, my oldest son(15) is the drumer and my
wife in the piano.

Your wife is in the piano? Did you run out of mic stands?

I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs or wav's, so
my
doughter can practice without listening the vocal, I downloaded one call
Analogx, but I can hear the vocal after applying the filter under winamp.
thanks.

Hey, guys, is there anything that will make my bowell movements smell like a
freshly baked blueberry pie?

alabaster

There are a number of "vocal removers" but I've never heard one that
completely removes the vocals, and most of them make the track sound
really weird and phasey.

The best results I've had have with Sonitus FX: Phase (which has a
"vocal remove" preset). The Sonitus FX come bundled with SONAR 4. I'm
not sure how much they cost on their own.

The vocals are still there, just quieter, and the rest of the track
sounds like it's being played through a phaser in an echo chamber. With
a lot of tweaking it's salvageable for practice purposes, but it's not
great. Unfortunately that's the best I can do. It also COMPLETELY
depends on how the track was originally recorded--so what works on one
track won't necessarily work on another.

If I were you, I'd save yourself some time and give up on it--I've spent
hours searching the net for this type of thing and I've never found
anything better than what I described.

You'd be better off getting some Auto-Accompaniment software like "Band
in a Box," which generates original (if cheesy) backing tracks based on
chords, instruments, styles, etc. that you enter. It's not exactly what
you're looking for, but it might do the trick, and it's a handy tool.

chris.

sancho wrote:
I have a little pc studio,I play guitar/base, my little girl 10 years old is
our singer(lol) she is very good, my oldest son(15) is the drumer and my
wife in the piano.
I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs or wav's, so my
doughter can practice without listening the vocal, I downloaded one call
Analogx, but I can hear the vocal after applying the filter under winamp.
thanks.

sancho

hey Chris, thanks for the help, I will check those that you mentioned.
I spoke with some friends and they also told me that is almost impossibe to
remove the 100% of the vocals.

all the best.

sancho wrote:
I have a little pc studio,I play guitar/base, my little girl 10 years

old is
our singer(lol) she is very good, my oldest son(15) is the drumer and my
wife in the piano.
I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs or wav's,

so my
doughter can practice without listening the vocal, I downloaded one call
Analogx, but I can hear the vocal after applying the filter under

winamp.
thanks.

Scott Dorsey

In article , sancho wrote:
hey Chris, thanks for the help, I will check those that you mentioned.
I spoke with some friends and they also told me that is almost impossibe to
remove the 100% of the vocals.

It depends on the recording, how well centered the vocals are and how dry
the vocals are.

If you try using it on the Beatles' "Revolution" the vocals drop out
completely.... and so does the lead guitar which is also mixed to the
center.

If you try using it on the Rhino stereo release of Jerry Lee Lewis'
_Great Balls of Fire_, the vocal drops out completely but the vocal
echo which is panned a little to the side does not.

All you can do is try different recordings until you find one that is
mixed with dry vocals to the center and nothing else in the center...
and dub your vocals in loud enough that the residual stuff left behind
disappears under your new vocal trck.

John T

"Thomas Bishop" wrote in message
m...
Your wife is in the piano? Did you run out of mic stands?
Hey, guys, is there anything that will make my bowell movements smell like

freshly baked blueberry pie?

g! Thanks for the giggle Thomas, just what I needed

Ethan Winer

Sancho,

I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs or wav's

You already got the right answers and I'll add two points:

If you already have an audio editor program, this article explains the
process, subject to all the limitations explained:

www.ethanwiner.com/novocals.html

A better solution for what (I think) you want is to buy Karaoke CDs. There
are a ton of them available for just about any pop tune you can imagine, and
they all sound much better than an original recording processed to "remove"
the vocals.

--Ethan

Geoff Wood

Phil Spector has a really effective 'vocal remover'. Could end you up in a
spot of trouble though ...

;-)

geoff

Lorin David Schultz

"sancho" wrote:

I wonder if is possible to remove the vocal from mp3's songs
or wav's

I addition to what everyone else has written, I'll add that it usually
doesn't work worth a damn with mp3 files. I tried the high-pass
polarity invert thing for a friend's daughter recently, and all I got
using mp3 files was phasey, spitty crap because nine-tenths of the
original data is missing from an mp3.

I went out and bought the CDs and ripped wav files instead. Of the
three songs I tried, one came out fairly well, one so-so, and one
wouldn't cancel worth a damn. It all depends how the song was mixed.

- Lorin David Schultz
in the control room
making even bad news sound good

(Remove spamblock to reply)