proton

Default * New SP1200 Sounds *

Bob;

"Nepro" Webster defines it;

Main Entry: nephr-
Variant(s): or nephro-
Function: combining form
Etymology: New Latin, from Greek, from nephros
: kidney nephric nephrology

When I was in college studying music I also took an interest in
nephrology. When I started the business back in the early 80's it was
not originally supposed to be for selling sounds. The idea was to sell
nutrition supplements for people with chronic or acute renal failure
requiring dialysis. It seemed a more stable way to make a living then
playing keyboards. Hence the name Kidney-Pro which became Kid Nepro.

That idea was ahead of it's time and did not catch on. One day while
looking through the classified section of Keyboard magazine I noticed
many sound companies selling "patches". It struck me as a good idea
since I always liked to tweak my own sounds. Since all the legal
paperwork was already in the Kid Nepro name, rather then change it I
decided to start selling sounds under that name. I can't tell you how
many calls I've gotten over the years from people thinking we deal in
dialysis so the early 90's we added "The Patch King" to the advertising
just so it would be clear as to what we were selling. Although some
people still call and ask me if I have any patches for their jackets!

I hope that clears things up.

Proton :-}