Default "export" earnings of American studios?

In Asia, it's common for vocal talents and bands to fly to California
to cut albums.

Anyone have info on dollar value of such "export earnings" by American
studios?

Let's define this as recording sessions done Stateside, where the
primary intended sales target is either actually overseas, or is the
ethnic-american niche market.

I think any Non-English-vocals recording also automatically falls into
the category. This criterion may be misleading with the Latin market,
I'm not familiar with it so I hesitate to automatically apply that
criterion to Spanish vocals.

Scott Dorsey

In Asia, it's common for vocal talents and bands to fly to California
to cut albums.

Anyone have info on dollar value of such "export earnings" by American
studios?

No, but I can say that there are a huge number of studios in Miami that
basically survive off the Latin American and Caribbean folks flying in
to record.

I think any Non-English-vocals recording also automatically falls into
the category. This criterion may be misleading with the Latin market,
I'm not familiar with it so I hesitate to automatically apply that
criterion to Spanish vocals.

The thing is that there's also a large domestic market for Spanish-language
music.

It gets even more confusing when you look at mastering. I used to work for
a studio that did all the LP mastering for several South American labels.
We'd get spot reels from the studios down south, cut 7" lacquers and carry
them to the pressing plant in Atlanta, which would ship the pressings down
south again.