danny

Default Which acoustic guitar pickup do buy?

I'm hoping a few of you have a non bias view on guitar pickups. I have
very little ability to compare them since you pretty much have to
install them in your guitar before you can test them out – so help me
if you can ☺

I need to install something with at least a little control or get some
other way of controlling volume at minimum. I want to install one in a
1978 Alvarez Yairi Super Abalone and another in my Martin HD28. I
finger pick a little hard, strum a little weak and play mostly folk
rock along the lines of James Taylor or Croce sounding mixes.

Budget isn't to much of a concern but I don't want to spend as much as
the guitar is worth but punching holes in my guitars is out of the
question (as far as pre amps in the side is concerned). I have seen
the K&K but from the pictures it looks a little cumbersome to have a
pre-amp sticking out next to your strings.

Thanks in advance guys

danny

Recording acoustic guitar and vocal Mark Pro Audio 18 August 28th 04 09:24 AM
Recording Acoustic Guitar - avoiding unwanted sound? Brian Huether Pro Audio 12 November 29th 03 01:31 PM
Mic Questions Twist Turner Pro Audio 22 November 25th 03 03:04 AM
Microphone to record vocals + classical & acoustic guitar Contortion Pro Audio 6 November 19th 03 03:44 PM
Small Condenser reccomendations for acoustic guitar mbenson Pro Audio 6 July 25th 03 07:55 AM