Posted to rec.audio.opinion
BretLudwig BretLudwig is offline

Default IQ and India

Some of the smartest people I've ever met in my life are Indians (and
certain Sri Lankans, Pakistanis and Iranians who were ethnic high caste
Indians). That does not mean that Indians on the average are terribly
smart. No, unfortunately it appears there are a lot of really dumb
Indians. One source pegs the average IQ of India at roughly 80-the average
of American Blacks, and probably lower than the average of Mexican illegal
immigrants.

India needs eugenics, and badly at that.

--
Message posted using http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/group/rec.audio.opinion/
More information at http://www.talkaboutaudio.com/faq.html

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Clyde Slick Clyde Slick is offline

On 5 Mai, 21:53, "BretLudwig" wrote:
*Some of the smartest people I've ever met in my life are Indians (and
certain Sri Lankans, Pakistanis and Iranians who were ethnic high caste
Indians). That does not mean that Indians on the average are terribly
smart. No, unfortunately it appears there are a lot of really dumb
Indians. One source pegs the average IQ of India at roughly 80-the average
of American Blacks, and probably lower than the average of Mexican illegal
immigrants.

*India needs eugenics, and badly at that.

Lets get rif of all those guys with hairy backs, while we're at it.
Posted to rec.audio.opinion
Eeyore Eeyore is offline

BretLudwig wrote:

Some of the smartest people I've ever met in my life are Indians (and
certain Sri Lankans, Pakistanis and Iranians who were ethnic high caste
Indians). That does not mean that Indians on the average are terribly
smart. No, unfortunately it appears there are a lot of really dumb
Indians.

More or less so than there are really dumb Americans ? Like your President
even.

One source pegs the average IQ of India at roughly 80-the average
of American Blacks, and probably lower than the average of Mexican illegal
immigrants.

How well are people expected to score when they haven't had the advantage of an
education to high-school level ?

India needs eugenics, and badly at that.

IDIOT !

Graham

Posted to rec.audio.opinion
[email protected] suckerton2@gmx.us is offline

On May 6, 2:07 am, Eeyore
wrote:
BretLudwig wrote:
Some of the smartest people I've ever met in my life are Indians (and
certain Sri Lankans, Pakistanis and Iranians who were ethnic high caste
Indians). That does not mean that Indians on the average are terribly
smart. No, unfortunately it appears there are a lot of really dumb
Indians.

More or less so than there are really dumb Americans ? Like your President
even.

One is tempted to think of Bush as extraordinarily stupid, i would be
the first to concede. But that judgment is made with an incorrect
assumption, that he is acting of his own volition with the goal of
doing, as the Presidential oath of office requires, what he thinks
best for the country as a whole. That is an incorrect assumption. He
is doing what his bosses tell him he is to do. His bosses in effect
are men with names like Cheney, Perle, Feith, Wolfowitz, Abrams, and
Chertoff. Throw out pumphead Cheney as a statistical anomaly and ask-
what have these men in common?

One source pegs the average IQ of India at roughly 80-the average
of American Blacks, and probably lower than the average of Mexican illegal
immigrants.

How well are people expected to score when they haven't had the advantage of an
education to high-school level ?

India needs eugenics, and badly at that.

IDIOT !

Graham

Education does not produce IQ. It in fact has effectively no effect
on IQ _per se_. An IQ test that directly correlates with educational
level is a test that has failed its design objective horribly, as
_isolating_ IQ-cognitive abilities-from education is a key goal in
designing them.

IQ has a big effect on education-it directly determines educability,
in fact. A person is in effect like a container of some unknown but
definite size-it can be filled without spilling up to its capacity and
everything above that simply spills over the top.

That's why sending underclass American Blacks to "the best schools"
has been a total failure, as did the British experiment in educating
the smartest Africans at Eton and Sandhurst a generation before. In
the former case, you get sullen dropouts at worst and Michelle Obama
at best. In the British experiment, you got intelligent but ruthless
and improvident Presidents-for-Life.

The unknown-unknown to me, that is-variable is this: exactly to what
extent does IQ and caste correlate in India? Certainly there is some
positive correlation. But are the dalits generally sub-90 IQ? Are the
various subcastes differentially abled for specific social functions?
India is big and old and stratified enough for that to be so. In that
case, Western IQ tests wouild have some limitation, like a "universal
canine intelligence" test that assigned high numbers to various breeds
of hunting or working dogs. That doesn't mean that Western IQ tests
are at all irrelevant-they do very well at predicting exactly what is
needed for success in a modern, that is, Western, environment.