George Thorogood

Default Looking for a CD player with specific features...

Hello. Having a very hard time trying to
find a CD player with specific features...

Here are the features I want:
home style CD player
can also play MP3s on CD
single drawer type mechanism
headphone out with volume
high quality audio (DAC and opamps)

Here are the features I do NOT want:
DVD player
portable player
carousel type mechanism
standard el'cheapo DAC and opamps

The closest thing I have found so far is the
Denon DCM-380. But it is a 5 CD carousel and
does have a fairly crappy DAC and opamps.

Looking to spend somewhere in the $500 to $800
kinda range. But I want my money spent geared
towards audio quality. Not features I do not
need in this application, like video circuitry.
The standard $200 CD or DVD players and every
portable player I have ever seen have pretty
substandard specifications. But I am not
expecting a dCS Elgar Plus either. Just a
player with good solid performance.

Thanks for any pointers!
Klay Anderson

In article ,
George Thorogood wrote:

Here are the features I want:
home style CD player
can also play MP3s on CD
single drawer type mechanism
headphone out with volume
high quality audio (DAC and opamps)

Denon DNC635, US$499.
--
Regards,

Klay Anderson
http://www.klay.com
1-800-FOR-KLAY
Guinness Mann

George Thorogood wrote:
Hello. Having a very hard time trying to
find a CD player with specific features...

George, I know the perfect CD player for you, but I've seen what you do
to your guitars on stage and I'm not about to put a classy piece of
equipment like I have in mind into your hands for destruction. :-)

BTW, are you going to be playing at Street Scene in San Diego this year?

-- Rick

Denon Model DCD-1650AR CD Player Peter General 2 April 16th 04 10:54 AM
teac pd-265 cd player Sharon Leigh General 2 August 6th 03 03:12 PM
WTB: Sony CDP-750 CD Player [email protected] General 0 August 4th 03 10:43 PM
CD player Boa General 1 August 2nd 03 07:41 AM
Looking for a portable CD player with a real resume feature Bice General 0 July 27th 03 04:19 PM