Posted to rec.audio.misc
trs80 trs80 is offline

Default why recver hdmi?

What is the benefit of using a reciever that takes HDMI?
I see lots of discussion and concern about this.

But I not clear on the benefits a receiver provides that has HDMI?

Im my case my TV already has two HDMI inputs for DVD and DVR.
I would plan on sending coax or fiber digital to the receiver for audio. In
that case its still only a single cable to the reciever as it would be with
HDMI.

Any ideas on what the fuss is about?

thanks in advance.

Posted to rec.audio.misc
Todd H. Todd H. is offline

"trs80" writes:

What is the benefit of using a reciever that takes HDMI?
I see lots of discussion and concern about this.

But I not clear on the benefits a receiver provides that has HDMI?

Im my case my TV already has two HDMI inputs for DVD and DVR.
I would plan on sending coax or fiber digital to the receiver for audio. In
that case its still only a single cable to the reciever as it would be with
HDMI.

Any ideas on what the fuss is about?

Sounds like it's probably just a matter of where you wanna do your
switching -- on the tv or on the receiver.

I have video inputs on my receiver, but my TV has so damned many, and
that's the remote i have most often, it's just easier to manage it
there.

--
/"\ ASCII Ribbon Campaign | Todd H
\ / | http://www.toddh.net/
Posted to rec.audio.misc
trs80 trs80 is offline

ok. thats what I thought. thanks!
"Todd H." wrote in message
"trs80" writes:

[...]

Preamp recommendations, surround JimC High End Audio 10 September 10th 06 04:52 PM
HDMI Upconversion Skip And Kathy Phillips Tech 2 August 10th 06 11:33 PM
Discount HDMI cables eHDMI Marketplace 0 April 22nd 06 03:59 PM
Source for A/V Cables? Mike Audio Opinions 6 May 30th 05 08:15 PM
Denon receiver as processor Christine Allison High End Audio 26 February 8th 05 04:07 AM