Posted to rec.audio.tech
Skip And Kathy Phillips Skip And Kathy  Phillips is offline

Default HDMI Upconversion

Hi,

I will be purchasing a couple new audio/video components in the near future,
and there is something that I am asking anyone who might be able to help
clarify.....

I plan to purchase a Yamaha RXV-659 AV Receiver and a Yamaha DVD-C950 DVD/CD
Changer with HDMI upconversion. I like to run all my video components
through the receiver. So, my question is, do I require a receiver that has
HDMI capability also to do this, such as the Yamaha RXV-1600, or since the
DVD player has HDMI, will the RXV-659 allow the upcoverted signal to pass
through. I appreciate any input. Thanks very much.

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Arny Krueger Arny Krueger is offline

"Skip And Kathy Phillips" wrote
in message
ink.net
Hi,

I will be purchasing a couple new audio/video components
in the near future, and there is something that I am
asking anyone who might be able to help clarify.....

I plan to purchase a Yamaha RXV-659 AV Receiver and a
Yamaha DVD-C950 DVD/CD Changer with HDMI upconversion. I
like to run all my video components through the receiver.
So, my question is, do I require a receiver that has HDMI
capability also to do this, such as the Yamaha RXV-1600,
or since the DVD player has HDMI, will the RXV-659 allow
the upcoverted signal to pass through. I appreciate any
input. Thanks very much.

I just looked at the RXV-659 blurbs on the Yamaha web site. I don't see
squat about HDMI - it looks like it is a S-video box.

http://www.yamaha.com/yec/products/p...ION&ATRID=1020

Posted to rec.audio.tech
Robert Orban Robert Orban is offline

In article . net,
says...

Hi,

I will be purchasing a couple new audio/video components in the near future,
and there is something that I am asking anyone who might be able to help
clarify.....

I plan to purchase a Yamaha RXV-659 AV Receiver and a Yamaha DVD-C950 DVD/CD
Changer with HDMI upconversion. I like to run all my video components
through the receiver. So, my question is, do I require a receiver that has
HDMI capability also to do this, such as the Yamaha RXV-1600, or since the
DVD player has HDMI, will the RXV-659 allow the upcoverted signal to pass
through. I appreciate any input. Thanks very much.

Several Denon receivers do HDMI upconversion. I recently bought a 4806CI and
my tests suggest that it uses Faroudja deinterlacing although Denon is not
clear about this. (When fed by 480i, the receiver shows typical Faroudja
performance on the HQV test DVD.) Faroudja is still close to the state of the
art in deinterlacing material originated from video cameras at 480i, which
the hardest task for a deinterlacer. However, it has only average performance
as a cadence-detecting film-mode pulldown deinterlacer.

Deinterlacing performance is very important if your receiver upconverts. Good
deinterlacing is hard to do and deinterlacing chips vary widely in
performance. I wouldn't buy ANY upconverting receiver without knowing how its
deinterlacing performance stacks up against the best solutions.

Here is all you need to know:

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volum...5-progressive-
10-2000.html

Discount HDMI cables eHDMI Marketplace 0 April 22nd 06 03:59 PM
Source for A/V Cables? Mike Audio Opinions 6 May 30th 05 08:15 PM
Denon receiver as processor Christine Allison High End Audio 26 February 8th 05 04:07 AM