Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

Default Anybody having same problems with Behringer mixers?

On 7/31/2013 6:25 PM, Scott Dorsey wrote:
Gareth Magennis wrote:

For some unfathomable reason, Yamaha elected to fit knobs on this mixer
series that were a smaller diameter than the holes punched in the top panel.
Since all the pots are PCB mounted in groups of 6 channels, that means that
pressure or a blow to the top surface forces all the knobs through the top
panel, breaking the PCB's.

I have seen a few of these catastophes now, and still scratch my head,
wondering what on earth Yamaha were thinking.

Maybe they hired the same people who designed those Alesis consoles with
the resistive elements deposited on the main board....
--scott

Hate to admit it, but I still have one of those
somewhere in my basement.

==
Later...
Ron Capik
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
Bingo. Some of the companies doing this sort of thing (and I don't know
if
Behringer is in that category) sell multiple products with different
feature
sets and sometimes even totally different functions, which mostly differ
in
software. Swap out the ROM, and your equalizer turns into a
compressor....

And it gets really annoying when they charge far more for one than the
other. It happens :-(

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Scott Dorsey" wrote in message
In article , Trevor
wrote:
"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message
Then contemplate buying a Neve instead, you may gain a little
perspective.

Yes, the owners of Behringer mixers can obviously afford Neve instead :-)

You can buy one console that will last fifty years or you can buy fifty
consoles that last one year....

But those working in their bedroom occasionly probably get 10 years from a
Behringer, and *no* way could justify a Neve in this lifetime!
And those using a mixer every day to make a living wouldn't ever look at a
Behringer in the first place!
And frankly I wouldn't want to be using a 50 YO Neve now anyway!
(yes the first ones are about that age now :-)

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Trevor Trevor is offline

"Ron C" wrote in message
Maybe they hired the same people who designed those Alesis consoles with
the resistive elements deposited on the main board....

Hate to admit it, but I still have one of those
somewhere in my basement.

But how many channels still work? :-)
Haven't seen one actually being used in a very long time.

Trevor.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Wednesday, July 31, 2013 3:46:22 PM UTC-5, John Williamson wrote:
wrote:

Where did you extrapolated all that nonsense from?

I said I received standard auto-response saying send the unit to service center.

And if you know of any better unit that suits my needs, name it. Don't just blabber off your mouth.

The user forum thread you linked to up there ^^ (The one you claim they

closed) contains a very positive response from a Behringer employee

asking you to send the units back to them for further investigation and

as part of their quality control program. This was not a "auto

response", but a reasoned, reasonable request from a concerned person at

the company. When you refused their assistance, *that's* when they

closed the discussion.

Mr. Larsen is correct in one thing though. If you consider an item of

gear to be mission critical, then you carry *at least* one spare. If you

can't afford to do it right, then don't do it.

In the meantime, work out your requirements, post a message detailing

them here either in this thread or as a new one, and if you haven't

annoyed too many people here, you may well get a recommendation based on

personal experience. Of course, the chances are you won't like it,

because it will involve truly professional gear with a price to match,

but if you can't afford to do it right (a) don't bother, or (b) increase

your rates until you *can* afford to do it right, bearing in mind that

quality gear will last longer, so may well cost you less *per gig* than

the cheap, unreliable stuff, even ignoring the costs of cancelled gigs.

--

Tciao for Now!

John.

By auto-responce I was referring to my direct communications with Behringer. service dept. Not to the users forum. Thread started after warranty expired. And they re-opened the thread AFTER I posted the video.
And I am happy to send them the units as soon as I will receive pre-paid shipping ticket. But I am NOT investing any of my $$ in those things.

And frankly, my dear, I don't give a damn how many people are annoyed by my thread. I posted question if anybody has the SAME PROBLEM with the unit. Not asking for any advice what to do with it or how to run my business.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 7/31/2013 10:36 PM, Ron C wrote:
Maybe they hired the same people who designed those Alesis consoles with
the resistive elements deposited on the main board....
--scott

Hate to admit it, but I still have one of those
somewhere in my basement.

Sometimes a flooded basement is a good thing.

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Scott Dorsey Scott Dorsey is offline

Lord Valve wrote:
Scott Dorsey wrote:

wrote:

No, another chip that's soldered in by hand and carefully inspected. And

while he's at it, inspect the rest of the board for bad solder joints.

And how bench technician at repair center can "inspect" the chip that has known intermittent design flaws? Clairvoyance?

Actually, with RoHS stuff I don't even bother inspecting solder joints, I
just reflow all of them. But with leaded solder it's just a matter of a
magnifier.

You reflow 'em with lead solder, or the crappy original stuff?

Depends, often I will just plate the iron with 63/37 and use it to remelt
the existing joints. Adding no additional solder, so I'm changing the alloy
on the board as little as possible.

Sometimes I will remove all the existing solder, which means adding 63/37,
sucking it off, then adding it again and sucking it off and then adding a
third time to make a good joint.

I use Ersin 63/37 eutectic, have for decades. I'm finding that
it doesn't mix all that well with certain non-lead formulations.
Et tu?

There are a million lead-free alloys and if you can't identify them, you
can't do anything other than to remelt them or remove them. If you can
identify what's on there, you have a chance of saving a lot of time and
effort.

My worry about the whole thing is that I have no way of telling if a lead-free
joint is good or not. If I can't identify a bad joint, all I can do is just
assume they are all bad. Talking to guys who do production work, I don't think
their QA people can tell if the joints are good or not either. That is the
terrifying part.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/1/2013 9:03 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

My worry about the whole thing is that I have no way of telling if a lead-free
joint is good or not. If I can't identify a bad joint, all I can do is just
assume they are all bad. Talking to guys who do production work, I don't think
their QA people can tell if the joints are good or not either. That is the
terrifying part.

That's why they have automated soldering. Either they're all good or all
bad, except for some.

Posted to rec.audio.pro

In article , Mike Rivers wrote:
On 8/1/2013 9:03 AM, Scott Dorsey wrote:

My worry about the whole thing is that I have no way of telling if a lead-free
joint is good or not. If I can't identify a bad joint, all I can do is just
assume they are all bad. Talking to guys who do production work, I don't think
their QA people can tell if the joints are good or not either. That is the
terrifying part.

That's why they have automated soldering. Either they're all good or all
bad, except for some.

Ever worked on a Tascam 38?

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Ron C[_2_] Ron C[_2_] is offline

On 8/1/2013 10:16 AM, Jeff Henig wrote:
Ron C wrote:
On 7/31/2013 5:24 PM, Mike Rivers wrote:
On 7/31/2013 3:46 PM, Thread Ender wrote:

This thread is now ended.

No, it isn't.

Hell the discussion hasn't even gotten close to Godwin's Rule.

==
Later...
Ron Capik
--

Hitler!

Can we end it now?

Nice try, but contrary to popular belief it doesn't work like that.

==
Later...
Ron Capik
Posted to rec.audio.pro

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K08akOt2kuo

--
Les Cargill

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Don Pearce wrote:

My reputation? With whom? With Behringer? You?
Why would I give a damn?

You clearly give rather more than a damn, seeing as you decided to
post here seeking affirmation of your opinions. Shame they were so
badly screwed that nobody would even consider backing you.

Serginho do Teclado - the name he uses in neighboring aapls - gives the
impression of being happy with being remembered as the brasilian musician
who got an after warranty expiration service offer from Behringer after and
in spite of thoroughly bashing them all over usenet and preferred to keep
bashing them instead, claiming that he surely know the problem to be a
design error.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Posted to rec.audio.pro
[email protected] ssmusic214@gmail.com is offline

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 2:14:59 PM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:
On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 12:10:25 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 12:54:11 PM UTC-5, Don Pearce wrote:

On Thu, 1 Aug 2013 10:43:42 -0700 (PDT), "

wrote:

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 11:57:16 AM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:

wrote:

And I am happy to send them the units as soon as I will receive

pre-paid shipping ticket. But I am NOT investing any of my $$ in

those things.

Well, you only taint your own reputation then, Behringer comes through -

even via your rendition of the events - cum laude.

Peter Larsen

My reputation? With whom? With Behringer? You?

Why would I give a damn?

You clearly give rather more than a damn, seeing as you decided to

post here seeking affirmation of your opinions. Shame they were so

badly screwed that nobody would even consider backing you.

You have bad problems with English comprehension.

I posted this to find out if anybody having the SAME PROBLEMS WITH THE UNITS.

Never asked for any "affirmation" or "backing".

Instead I am getting bunch of wannabe "experts" trying to tell me what I need to do with them, and how to run my business.

Don't try to rationalize your poor decisions after the fact. It never

works.

Kido! Why would I give a damn what you think about my decisions?
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:03:53 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
Don Pearce wrote:

My reputation? With whom? With Behringer? You?

Why would I give a damn?

You clearly give rather more than a damn, seeing as you decided to

post here seeking affirmation of your opinions. Shame they were so

badly screwed that nobody would even consider backing you.

Serginho do Teclado - the name he uses in neighboring aapls - gives the

impression of being happy with being remembered as the brasilian musician

who got an after warranty expiration service offer from Behringer after and

in spite of thoroughly bashing them all over usenet and preferred to keep

bashing them instead, claiming that he surely know the problem to be a

design error.

Kind regards

Peter Larsen

Nonsense without a clue as usual.
Serginho do Teclado is the type of traditional Brazilian stage name (Like Jacob de Bandolim, Paulinho de Viola, Nelson Cavahinho, etc...) that was given to me by Brazilian Owners of "Brazil Brasileiro Cafe" where I played for few years as the sign of appreciation and endearment. Meaning: "Little Sergio master of the Keyboard". That's how I an known among my Brazilian Clientele.
Posted to rec.audio.pro

On 8/1/2013 3:10 PM, wrote:

I posted this to find out if anybody having the SAME PROBLEMS WITH
THE UNITS.

I see essentially that same question often on these forums, usually in
the simpler form of "Has anyone else had this problem?"

Never asked for any "affirmation" or "backing".

But by asking that question, you really are asking for affirmation or
backing. Otherwise what difference would it make if someone else had the
problem. YOU have the problem and YOU deserve to have it fixed. YOU, on
the other hand, allowed the warranty to expire, or, in the case of the
used mixer you bought, didn't test it thoroughly and promptly (but then
if you wanted to return it to an eBay seller, he'd probably not pay for
shipping).

Instead I am getting bunch of wannabe "experts" trying to tell me
what I need to do with them, and how to run my business.

Would no response at all have been better? Apparently nobody here
(unless you've received some private e-mail from someone here who saw
your post) has had the same problem with the same unit that you have. In
fact, it seems that nobody who has responded has had that same unit,
likely because we don't get too many of them around these parts. You
were right to post in the Behringer forum, and that's where you got both
affirmation and instructions FROM BEHRINGER as to what to do in order to
get your unit repaired. But since you posted here, I guess you felt like
you needed more stroking.

--
For a good time, call
http://mikeriversaudio.wordpress.com

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote in message

My reputation? With whom? With Behringer? You?
Why would I give a damn?

If you don't give a damn, then why are you spewing your venom here at all ?

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro
geoff geoff is offline

wrote in message
On Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:03:53 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
Nonsense without a clue as usual.

For sure !

Meaning: "Little Sergio master of the Keyboard".

Shoouldn't that be "mastur" ?

That's how I an known among my Brazilian Clientele.

We won't let this affect our high estimation of your fellow countrymen.

geoff

Posted to rec.audio.pro

On Thursday, August 1, 2013 3:50:08 PM UTC-5, Mike Rivers wrote:

[...]

I was asking for FACTS not OPINIONS.
Is the difference beyond your intelligence level?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
Lord Valve Lord Valve is offline

Peter Larsen wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:

wrote:

Nonsense without a clue as usual.
Serginho do Teclado is the type of traditional Brazilian stage name
(Like Jacob de Bandolim, Paulinho de Viola, Nelson Cavahinho, etc...)
that was given to me by Brazilian Owners of "Brazil Brasileiro Cafe"
where I played for few years as the sign of appreciation and
endearment. Meaning: "Little Sergio master of the Keyboard". That's
how I an known among my Brazilian Clientele.

This is your gig then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy4Z2ylIeoI

Peter Larsen

Whoa! Lounge lizard!

Beltin' out the schmaltz for geezers and sales reps. What
a crowd! Musta been five, hell, six people in the joint...and
did you hear all that applause at the end of his tinkle? Funny,
neither did I...

Lord Valve

Posted to rec.audio.pro
Art Vanderlay Art Vanderlay is offline

[...]

Where's Phil when you need him?
Posted to rec.audio.pro
hank alrich hank alrich is offline

geoff wrote:

wrote in message
On Thursday, August 1, 2013 1:03:53 PM UTC-5, Peter Larsen wrote:
Nonsense without a clue as usual.

For sure !

Meaning: "Little Sergio master of the Keyboard".

Shoouldn't that be "mastur" ?

That's how I an known among my Brazilian Clientele.

We won't let this affect our high estimation of your fellow countrymen.

This is why moles need helmets.

http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

Posted to rec.audio.pro

Lord Valve wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:

Peter Larsen wrote:

wrote:

Nonsense without a clue as usual.
Serginho do Teclado is the type of traditional Brazilian stage name
(Like Jacob de Bandolim, Paulinho de Viola, Nelson Cavahinho, etc...)
that was given to me by Brazilian Owners of "Brazil Brasileiro Cafe"
where I played for few years as the sign of appreciation and
endearment. Meaning: "Little Sergio master of the Keyboard". That's
how I an known among my Brazilian Clientele.

This is your gig then:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xy4Z2ylIeoI

Peter Larsen

Whoa! Lounge lizard!

Beltin' out the schmaltz for geezers and sales reps. What
a crowd! Musta been five, hell, six people in the joint...and
did you hear all that applause at the end of his tinkle? Funny,
neither did I...

Lord Valve

The applause are stuck in the mixer. This is the problem.

http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic
Posted to rec.audio.pro

Mike Rivers wrote:

what to do in order to get your unit repaired

No, sorry, sir. This is Behringer. Brain surgery is two doors down on
the left.

Next?

http://hankandshaidrimusic.com/
http://www.youtube.com/walkinaymusic

[...]