Posted to rec.audio.car
[email protected] sat6116@yahoo.com is offline

Default Cassette adapter in Toyota, click, click, click.

I have a 99 Camry with the stock radio with cd and cassette. I use the
cassette adapter to pipe in my Ipod, XM and laptop for movies. The
sound through the cassette adapter is great except the tape deck
continually clicks. Click, click, click. Tried multiple fm transmitters
but they were all terrible. I tried 2 completely different brands of
cassette adapters, both sounded great, both clicked. I don't think
there's anything wrong with the adapter or tape player but I'm hoping
someone had this happen and they found a specific adapter that works
with the Toyota head units. I 'm ready to pull the head unit out and
wire it to work with the adapter only as I don't use the cassette for
cassette tapes anyway. I would like to keep the stock head unit as it
sounds good and it doesn't draw attention to have someone try to steal
it. Anyone been through this before and found a specific adapter to
work with a clicking head unit.

Thanks for any help,

Rich

Finally bought in Hal Pro Audio 10 August 18th 06 04:28 PM
Installation steps for XDM-6820 in Toyota Sienna 1999 with cassette CNP Car Audio 0 May 25th 06 09:33 PM
For Sale: Toyota 16404 Full Logic Dolby Cassette AM/FM Car stereo Luke Perry Car Audio 3 November 18th 04 05:03 AM
Question on CD cassette adapter for car. Sony. Sound cuts out when weather is hot Joe Donaldson Car Audio 4 July 28th 04 09:13 PM
Tape deck occasionaly tries to auto-reverse cassette adapter P Adhia Car Audio 1 May 1st 04 02:50 PM